$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

We cant blame injuries they did naff all in jan getting a new centre half in and creative midfielder. Lerner gambled and our luck will run out. We have a poor squad regadless of injuries

At one point last season we had more injuries than any other premier league club, that along with being stripped back doesn't help. If its nothing to do with injuries then why do clubs have squads?

It's actually Hartlebury Industrial Estate. Birmingham Airport would definitely be the easiest place to travel from. However it is quite a small operation so would be surprised a billionaire would bother visiting it.

Yeah that's a small place to be fair, it's not like it's a huge site, the trading estate itself isn't huge, so any unit there isn't going to be massive, and I imagine he doesn't even know he has a facility there let alone visit it! As a side note I once got lost on the site looking for a unit that sells bikes, but I won't hold that against him.

• Like 1

I can't see Lerner parting with any real money over the summer.

Although he must surely realise that getting relegated seriously devalues the club, or even makes it unsellable.. so he may be forced to give some funds.

If Benteke makes a speedy recover, we get Okore back, and bulk up the midfield a bit, we might just survive.. but it won't be an exciting summer, nor a smooth season.

According to Forbes Robert Rich's net worth is now $3bn.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/robert-rich-jr-1/

And his wife bought him a actual 'lordship'!

Lord Rich FFS!

and he bought a made a few donations to the club in the town his wife bought him the title for (Bedlington)

however when asked if he would buy the club he said

"Having seen what happened to the owners of debt-ridden Liverpool and Manchester United, that’s not somewhere he wants to go, he said.

Edited by tonyh29

Why would he need backers? Given his wealth, or are people meaning a different type of backer? I'm not getting carried away I've already read the life stories of Simpson and Davies and the Joshua guy for no reason.

I can't see Lerner parting with any real money over the summer.

Although he must surely realise that getting relegated seriously devalues the club, or even makes it unsellable.. so he may be forced to give some funds.

If Benteke makes a speedy recover, we get Okore back, and bulk up the midfield a bit, we might just survive.. but it won't be an exciting summer, nor a smooth season.

In my opinion it will be a couple of experienced loan players.

We cant blame injuries they did naff all in jan getting a new centre half in and creative midfielder. Lerner gambled and our luck will run out. We have a poor squad regadless of injuries

At one point last season we had more injuries than any other premier league club, that along with being stripped back doesn't help. If its nothing to do with injuries then why do clubs have squads?

Well When I was a lad we won the league with just 14 players I tell ya, 14 players!!

Young uns today

• Like 1

I agree, I think PL staying on for at least the first year is a good thing. The transition period under a new owner will be tough enough as it is. PL has all of summer to prepare, probably has more information than he's letting on in terms of transfer budget, and knows the team.

• Like 1

It's actually Hartlebury Industrial Estate. Birmingham Airport would definitely be the easiest place to travel from. However it is quite a small operation so would be surprised a billionaire would bother visiting it.

Yeah that's a small place to be fair, it's not like it's a huge site, the trading estate itself isn't huge, so any unit there isn't going to be massive, and I imagine he doesn't even know he has a facility there let alone visit it! As a side note I once got lost on the site looking for a unit that sells bikes, but I won't hold that against him.

Electric bikes by any chance?!

• Like 1

I doubt whether a billionaire would even bother to go to Kidderminster!  :D

I doubt whether a billionaire would even bother to go to Kidderminster!  :D

We'll buy this Kidderminster and we'll sack you!

I doubt whether a billionaire would even bother to go to Kidderminster! :D

You're quite right, he could do us all a favour and flatten it and build a Villa Super Complex.