$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Maybe they own a few variations?  Like manutd.com and manchesterunited.com etc?

Nah, the domain was purchased today at 123reg.co.uk

Fake. Move along. Not saying the buyer isn't from India but this is all too odd, shady and too many things don't fit together.

What I don't get is that this has come up, yet we have two credible posters saying that they believe we're being bought by Indians.

Its one of the only things the reports got in its favour. I've doubted this so much that I'm starting to doubt my own doubt and starting to wonder if it could be possible. Knowing the villa I'm worried :lol:

• Like 2

For me to have three reliable posters 

1) said something about sponsership from one of those regions

2) another reliable posted something about he heard indian guy in talks

£3) tony confirms something among those lines

4) this comes on

5) suddenly taken off

its too much of a coincidence for me, I think just been slopply done

Its all bullocks , why would he sell to someone else. Lerner all season has been keen to sell the club in the USA that is official 

Mendi!  You're back?  What's your take on this?  You were very convinced that it's Larry Ellison but this is a big story?

Help us Mendi!

Haha fairplay to whoever did it, bet they're absolutely pissing themselves.

Pretty sad though. Also, if you really wanted to prank Villa fans, surely you'd say we were being taken over by some multi-billionaire... As it happens, we're all now really happy that we're not being taken over by the donut brothers and their £500m :D (saying that, I like the look of those two chaps, with their top shirt buttons casually undone. Much cooler than the chicken men!!)

I've noticed that on the whole people seem much more likely to believe something that is negative (or that they perceive as negative) than the other way around. Is this exclusive to Villa fans or something shared among football fans in general?

• Like 3

I can sense the xenophobia.

There's no xenophobia.  If they were any nationality on earth I would be of the same opinion:  they don't have the wealth/backing/track record to take Villa where it needs to go. This type of sale would be disastrous for Villa.

• Like 3

I've noticed that on the whole people seem much more likely to believe something that is negative (or that they perceive as negative) than the other way around. Is this exclusive to Villa fans or something shared among football fans in general?

I think it's people in general, we're much ready to believe the bad news/rumours than the good ones.