$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Feel really disappointed to be honest, sort of had a idea the statement would be along those lines but was secretly hoping for the billionaire takeover to be true. I really don't kno where the Club goes from hear. What if a buyer isn't found? I really don't think we can survive another season the state the club is in

To be honest when Trent said we'd be disappointed this week I expected Lerner to say that he was staying and continuing the self sustaining ways of the Lambert era. This isn't what I'd hoped for but the season finished yesterday and nobody really knows how far down any potential takeover route we actually are.

It's good news. All the cost cutting was for the sale. The club is in sound financial condition, and due to reap a new TV deal windfall. Hopefully the sale happens sooner rathe than later and we can turn the page on Lerner.

Are we really though, its not like we’re debt free or anything...

Organic growth? Dead and buried in the modern age.

I'm not certain it can't be done, but it would be very difficult without an initial injection of substantial funds.

Feel really disappointed to be honest, sort of had a idea the statement would be along those lines but was secretly hoping for the billionaire takeover to be true. I really don't kno where the Club goes from hear. What if a buyer isn't found? I really don't think we can survive another season the state the club is in

I think a buyer is already found, and the offer is being vetted by BoA-ML. Lerner is being tight lipped about it out of respect/non disclosure agreement. BoA-ML have been brought in to advise on offers made, not to find buyers.

I think we'll know soon enough who the buyer is. 

• Like 3

It's good news. All the cost cutting was for the sale. The club is in sound financial condition, and due to reap a new TV deal windfall. Hopefully the sale happens sooner rathe than later and we can turn the page on Lerner.

Are we really though, its not like we’re debt free or anything...

In relative terms, we are an attractive proposition because we are not crushed by debt and contracts, unlike many a PL club.

Josh Whipple is another name mentioned. He's at BOA but based in Los Angeles.

Here's some mindless speculation and something I've only just thought of: why instruct someone in LA to advise on a sale? :detect:

Why not New York?

BOA have an office in both, but LA is on the West side of the US. It's close to Redwood City. Whose headquarters in Redwood City is only an hour and half flight from LA? ;)

Neil Diamond?

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

I just hope we capture the imagination of someone, or someone football savvy can front up a consortium - but as an investment opportunity it ain't great IMO 

Personally I'm concerned at this stage. Our future is very uncertain.On the one hand we could secure a new owner and go on a spending rampage. On the other we could be stuck with an owner who won't spend another penny for another season.

If Lerner is our owner going into the first game of the season we will go down this time. I'm convinced.

I'm hanging on to a shred of hope that a buyer is in talks but absolutely nothing about his statement hints at that.

Please God anything to avoid another year of watching players like Nathan Baker try to play football :(

• Like 1

I think a buyer is already found, and the offer is being vetted by BoA-ML. Lerner is being tight lipped about it out of respect/non disclosure agreement. BoA-ML have been brought in to advise on offers made, not to find buyers.

I think we'll know soon enough who the buyer is. 

Obviously guesswork, but if you consider the `person or group' comment and the hiring of BoA-ML, I think this is best guess at the moment.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/9309174/villa-up-for-sale

I assume this has been linked previously, but it's an interesting watch.

So that's a football finance and takeover expert saying that the deal could be at a very embryonic stage! BOA could currently just be vetting anyone coming forward with interest. That's how early down the line this sale could be. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Josh Whipple is another name mentioned. He's at BOA but based in Los Angeles.

Here's some mindless speculation and something I've only just thought of: why instruct someone in LA to advise on a sale? :detect:

Why not New York?

BOA have an office in both, but LA is on the West side of the US. It's close to Redwood City. Whose headquarters in Redwood City is only an hour and half flight from LA? ;)

Neil Diamond?

Almost. A 'bit' wealthier than him though ;)

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

I just hope we capture the imagination of someone, or someone football savvy can front up a consortium - but as an investment opportunity it ain't great IMO

What difference does that make? Witton is about a mile away from the city.

Also how much better are areas such as Salford or Anfield? Every big city has deprived areas.