$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

No, that's where I would disagree. If you are talking about instantaneous success then fair enough but we can continually evolve over a certain timeframe if we are well-run and invest wisely.

Out of interest, would you say Spurs fit that mould? Or at least are trying to? Or maybe Everton?

Genuine question. Who do you think we should be looking at as a model for moving forward?

I'm just trying to be realistic on what we take in income and where we can improve that so we can spend money under the current ownership as that is our current situation and when you aren't making losses the club will e around for generations to come.

If some multi billionaire wants to come in, finds a way to spend 100m a year around FFP and it doesn't land debt on the club I would be over the moon. I just don't think you can expect that and no one knows at the moment if that can be done we have to see the punishments dished out to Man City this season and how their sponsorship in reviewed.

As the likes of Liverpool, Atleti, Dortmund etc. have shown, you don't need obscene levels of spending to be successful anyway. Just good management and smart investments.

Yeah, Saurez, Sturridge, coutinho Mignolet all came for next to next nothing - Ive heard that Gerrard and Suurez are 10k per week - what is it that compels people to say things which blatantly aren't true about Liverpool ?

They haven't spent Chelsea/City amounts of money is the point. 'Obscene' being the key word you obviously failed to register.

I think you'll find they have. Their "1st XI" is about the same value as Chelsea's. City are a league above again but the notion that this Liverpool team has been built on the cheap is laughable.

• Like 4

OBE

The money in question went towards paying back loans made by Lerner to the club.

It didn't you know. I'm not sure he's actually recovered anything from the loans as yet - we used to pay interest and that was written off, and he wrote off a big chunk of the loan by turning it into equity. He'll get some back, a good chunk in fact, if he can get the price he wants for the club, but right now he's well out of pocket.

The money for Young and Downing was spent well before we got it - there's absolutely nothing to suggest that Lerner has pocketed money from transfers.

We aren't able to compete with the money we make - we aren't able to compete at the moment with the money we make and £20m a season - we might be able to compete at that sort of investment rate if we didn't have a group of people from the owner down who were constantly wasting that money - from where we are, I reckon we'd need a couple of hundred million to get near the top six.

Out of interest, would you say Spurs fit that mould? Or at least are trying to? Or maybe Everton?

Genuine question. Who do you think we should be looking at as a model for moving forward?

Sorry, I only just saw this but yes, Spurs are a well-run club with a sustainable model. They did mess up the last summer though.

I think you'll find they have. Their "1st XI" is about the same value as Chelsea's. City are a league above again but the notion that this Liverpool team has been built on the cheap is laughable.

But the cost of Chelsea's overall squad and more importantly their wage-bill are still considerably higher. Nobody said Liverpool have been 'built on the cheap either' although I accept that listing them alongside the likes of Dortmund and Atleti was inappropriate.

No, that's where I would disagree. If you are talking about instantaneous success then fair enough but we can continually evolve over a certain timeframe if we are well-run and invest wisely.

Spurs are a perpetual mess. They lurch from being bloody awful to half decent, to not very good, to CL material and back around again.

They have a despotic chairman which results in a revolving door of managers.

Sure, I would take Spurs' showings of the last 8 years over ours, but for a future, well financed Aston Villa, I would prefer a much more stable model than Spurs, whose chairman should have been kicked out long ago.

• Like 2

It would be great if the takeover happened this week. Yes there is still the risk of us going down but it would give the place a huge lift.

I wonder what the plan is from Lerner if we do go down. Sign semi pro's on 500 quid a week?

The words 'Lerner' and 'plan' don't belong in the same sentence.

• Like 2

It'd be nice if we beat Swansea and all other results went our and so they decided to annouced it at the Hull match and Lambert regenerated into Klopp. The fear of that not happening is what's making the threat of relegation even more nerve wracking.

If we do go down I expect a Bullseye-esque "let's take a look at what you could've won" style announcement.

Doubt it. Let's be fair here, at the moment these takeover rumours are just that - rumours.

If we do go down I expect a Bullseye-esque "let's take a look at what you could've won" style announcement.

Doubt it. Let's be fair here, at the moment these takeover rumours are just that - rumours.

For you they are, yes.

If we go down, it'll be the brand new car (a lovely Mini Metro with the hazard lights on).  If we stay up, it'll be the speedboat (useless to anybody living as far from the sea as Birmingham is).  Lambert and Lerner are the equivalent of the shit couple with a thicky for the quiz answerer, and a lady for the darts thrower.  BFH for Randy please.

• Like 2

For you they are, yes.

And for you I'm willing to bet.

For you they are, yes.

They are rumors regardless of who you are. That many people on here are prepared to accept the rumors as fact does not change them from rumors. 

• Like 2