Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

A lot depends on which saints team turns up. Maybe after what happened to Rodriguez, the other England hopefuls may take it easy..... lots of straw clutching here by the way

The saints will be relaxed and will express themselves in the knowledge that they are playing against a team that doesn't have the armoury to hurt them. It will also be drummed into them that if they start on the front foot and score first, then the home crowd will turn nasty and create more pressure on our players.

If that happens then I can see Southampton running us ragged with a 0-3 defeat.

I just hope Lambert will make the necessary changes when they're required, not when we're chasing the game. We desperately need a win and hopefully the Southampton players will be in their holiday moods.

This season he has dropped players like Lowton and Weimann when they haven't performed so if we see Gabby's name on the team sheet ffor this game then we know he is not treating everybody equally.

Edited by PaulC

I just hope Lambert will make the necessary changes when they're required, not when we're chasing the game. We desperately need a win and hopefully the Southampton players will be in their holiday moods.

This season he has dropped players like Lowton and Weimann when they haven't performed so if we see Gabby's name on the team sheet ffor this game then we know he is not treating everybody equally.

Yeah and I was also referring to the last when everyone could see that we needed changes as a Palace goal was incoming, yet he decided to bring them on when we were a goal down.

A lot depends on which saints team turns up. Maybe after what happened to Rodriguez, the other England hopefuls may take it easy..... lots of straw clutching here by the way

The saints will be relaxed and will express themselves in the knowledge that they are playing against a team that doesn't have the armoury to hurt them. It will also be drummed into them that if they start on the front foot and score first, then the home crowd will turn nasty and create more pressure on our players.

If that happens then I can see Southampton running us ragged with a 0-3 defeat.

What like they did against Cardiff.

On paper we will lose, guzan aside there 10 outfield players will be better than what we can put out, so the workrate has to be 100 times better than what we have seen in the last 4 games

guzan

bacuna vlaar Clark Bertrand

----kea Westwood delph-----

albrighton------------weimann

------------holt--------------

after seeing gabby skulk around the pitch for the majority of the season with a face like slapped arse he should be on the bench and be lucky he is on that

-------------Guzan----------------

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

-----------Westwood-------------

-------El Ahmadi Delph---------

-------------Tonev----------------

-----------Holt Gabby-------------

A really boring and uninspiring 0-0 draw would be beyond my wildest dreams, as that means Norwich can get a lucky win against Arsenal on the last day without actually climbing above us.  That is assuming they don't get any lucky points against Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea.  It also assumes that 2 of Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff still have too much to do, or that West Brom and Swansea remain as bad as we are...

I won't bother picking my team, because Grant Holt will still end up playing with no-one to cross it to him anyway.

I wouldn't bet on it.  I remember lallana being interviewed after we beat them 3-2 earlier in the season, he said that he couldn't wait to play us in VP and get the result that he felt they had deserved in that match.

think we will get well and truly stuffed - if we play like we did against palace i wouldnt put it past them scoring 6

i think we should line up like this:

-----------------Guzan----------------

Lowton---Vlaar---Clark---Bertrand

----KEA----Westwood----Delph----

Albrighton---------------------Tonev

-------------------Holt------------------

but i'd happily exchange Tonev for Johnson, Carruthers, Graham, or any other wide player from the youth team.

Best case is that what has happened has cleared the air and Villa show a bit of fight (but not red cards) on Saturday. It is our biggest game of the season and Lambert just cannot afford to lose this one. A battling draw is a minimum requirement, with a win at Swansea. I know, I am dreaming for that to happen. 2-0 Saints and cue mass mutiny in the stands, if people can be bothered anymore to protest.