Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

theboyangel

Surprised so many are so confident about this.I'd be happy with a draw TBH. 

Me too, or at least I would have been if we hadn't lost the last 4 games. I guess that is the problem, you start losing against easier opponents and you end up needing wins against the tougher ones. That said, we're quite good at taking those scalps so maybe we can pull something off.

• Like 1

Draw is ok providing the teams below don't win. Not sure how today is going too go if I'm honest. If we lose were in huge trouble and I would not be surprised if we went down.

Yarr I'm of thinking that if we lose today we are done for. Just can't see how we will pick up anymore points. Which is silly considering we have Hull and Swansea still to play.

Draw is ok providing the teams below don't win. Not sure how today is going too go if I'm honest. If we lose were in huge trouble and I would not be surprised if we went down.

Yarr I'm of thinking that if we lose today we are done for. Just can't see how we will pick up anymore points. Which is silly considering we have Hull and Swansea still to play.

Hull have Arsenal, Cardiff are against Stoke, Sunderland have Chelsea, Palace are against Wet Spam, Swansea have Newcastle and Fulham have Tottenham.

Obviously one or two upsets could happen, but personally I think we could see:

Hull Lose

Cardiff Win - Stoke Lose

Sunderland Lose

Palace Lose - Wet Spam Win

Swansea Lose

Fulham Lose

A lot of tough games for the teams around us, a point here would definitely be good.

Was supposed to be at this one, had to back out due to a lack of £££ :(

Feeling very nervous.

I just want us to win so I can get on with enjoying football, I find it hard to watch any game at the moment.

Worried. Fans will expect the team to attack, be positive and create chances. What they most probably will see is Southampton running the show completely, and edgy Villa players play the long ball to Holt and Gabby. Recipy for toxic atmosphere.

Aston Villa 1 : 2 Southampton

Holt(21)             Lambert (57), Lallana (89)

Possession 43:57

Shots on target 3 : 9

Aston Villa out of the blocks quickly and get an early goal, but sit back and struggle to put two passes together for the remainder of the half. Somehow, they make it to half time without conceding, thanks to a monumental effort by Guzan. Fans optimisitic. Half time begins and Southampton begin to show their quality. Knock the ball about for fun while Delph chases them around like a dog panting after a ladyfriend in heat. Lambert finally scores from a good Shaw cross to sink the Holte and cause anxiety around the ground, which feeds into the players, who battle on and just when a draw looks likely, up pops Lallana with a screamer from outside the box. Cue boos and head scratching, and perhaps a few pork scratchings for Holt.

#con

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

Worried. Fans will expect the team to attack, be positive and create chances. What they most probably will see is Southampton running the show completely, and edgy Villa players play the long ball to Holt and Gabby. Recipy for toxic atmosphere.

The club is trying to make us believe that Culverhouse and Karse have been the only reason we have struggled this year. Obviously they haven't done a good job, but I think Lambert have been the main problem, and obviously his tactics and team selections.

With the crowd behind us we should attack and be on the front foot. With these desperate times the crowd always seems to lift the players. I just hope that if we go behind the crowd continues to roar them on.

They are a far superior team, but their world cup hopefuls won't be wanting to pick up any knocks this close to the tournament. Show the right attitude and we can get a result, not sure where our goals are going to come from though.

Aston Villa 1 : 2 Southampton

Holt(21)             Lambert (57), Lallana (89)

Possession 43:57

Shots on target 3 : 9

Aston Villa out of the blocks quickly and get an early goal, but sit back and struggle to put two passes together for the remainder of the half. Somehow, they make it to half time without conceding, thanks to a monumental effort by Guzan. Fans optimisitic. Half time begins and Southampton begin to show their quality. Knock the ball about for fun while Delph chases them around like a dog panting after a ladyfriend in heat. Lambert finally scores from a good Shaw cross to sink the Holt and cause anxiety around the ground, which feeds into the players, who battle on and just when a draw looks likely, up pops Lallana with a screamer from outside the box. Cue boos and head scratching, and perhaps a few pork scratchings for Holt.

#con

More like 20:80

Playing at home to Southampton and we are in a panic, worried about the strength of their team and wondering if we can hold it together if they take the lead.

**** disgusting how this club has fallen over the past 5 years.

The club is trying to make us believe that Culverhouse and Karse have been the only reason we have struggled this year. Obviously they haven't done a good job, but I think Lambert have been the main problem, and obviously his tactics and team selections.

They are?

Southampton have shown us how having a decent manager can make a big difference.  Certainly gets the team playing quality attacking football.

Lets hope Lambert can do the same for Villa. If we don't get the win today it could be beat Hull or get relegated (unless of course we get an unlikely win at one of our away games).

I doubt any Villa fan would argue against Southampton being a better side than us. However we can make up for that that with effort and desire. Simple facts of the matter are we should want this way more than Southampton.

We need to come out of the blocks all out. Closing down Southampton, running around like blue arse fly's, 100% into every tackle.

The line up needs to be an attacking one today. 4-3-3 or 4-2-4. Just go at them. I have seen some suggest that Gabby needs to be dropped. Not a chance for me. Yes he has been a disappointment this season but with Benteke out we lack potential match winners. Gabby on his day is a match winner.

The crowd also has a big part to play. Looks like being between 36-38k. The fans know the importance of this game and will be right behind the lads at kick off. We start fast and get stuck in and the crowd will respond to that.

Effort, desire, no player coming off the pitch at full time having given less than 100% combined with a Villa Park crowd at its best will see us win this.

• Like 1

I doubt any Villa fan would argue against Southampton being a better side than us. However we can make up for that that with effort and desire. Simple facts of the matter are we should want this way more than Southampton.

We need to come out of the blocks all out. Closing down Southampton, running around like blue arse fly's, 100% into every tackle.

The line up needs to be an attacking one today. 4-3-3 or 4-2-4. Just go at them. I have seen some suggest that Gabby needs to be dropped. Not a chance for me. Yes he has been a disappointment this season but with Benteke out we lack potential match winners. Gabby on his day is a match winner.

The crowd also has a big part to play. Looks like being between 36-38k. The fans know the importance of this game and will be right behind the lads at kick off. We start fast and get stuck in and the crowd will respond to that.

Effort, desire, no player coming off the pitch at full time having given less than 100% combined with a Villa Park crowd at its best will see us win this.

I agree Mark. We really need to get at them today. I really fear we will play 5-3-2 in this one to try and replicate our away result against them.

Shitting myself about this game .

I agree Mark. We really need to get at them today. I really fear we will play 5-3-2 in this one to try and replicate our away result against them.

You may be right but I can't see it. That would be suicide for Lambert and a defensive line up does not get the crowd up and right behind the team from the kick off something Lambert will be desperate for.

Lambert is drinking in last chance saloon. I am relatively confident he will revert to the manger we saw at the back end of last season and the manager we thought we were always getting. Sending the team out on the front foot to really have a go prepared to risk conceding whilst trying to bang a few in.

I'm starting out for VP in a bit and am well up for this one. I am confident the manager will set us up to go at them, the players will give 100% and the fans will play their part.

You may be right but I can't see it. That would be suicide for Lambert and a defensive line up does not get the crowd up and right behind the team from the kick off something Lambert will be desperate for.

Lambert is drinking in last chance saloon. I am relatively confident he will revert to the manger we saw at the back end of last season and the manager we thought we were always getting. Sending the team out on the front foot to really have a go prepared to risk conceding whilst trying to bang a few in.

I'm starting out for VP in a bit and am well up for this one. I am confident the manager will set us up to go at them, the players will give 100% and the fans will play their part.

Hope so buddy, I really do.

I'll be in the Aston social in about 10mins. Enjoy the game everyone!