When is it alright to fight?

leemond2008

The bloke probably deserved one but being the way things are nowadays if you throw one be prepared to face the consequences.

In a similar situation to Yillan I was driving home and suddenly heard a crack on my windscreen, slammed on the brakes and got out to see a 10 year old kid in a Manchester United shirt shouting "come on then".

Needless to say, I put my career ahead of my desires but had the windscreen cracked and my girlfriend or dare I say hypothetical kids been in the car, I'd probably be in prison right now for GBH.

I was walking down Henry St in Dublin the other day, second biggest shopping street in Dublin, but quite a bit rougher than Grafton St. Maybe 5pm. This young lad, maybe 16/17 was walking down the street spraying people in the face with silly string. He wasn't being fun about it, just doing it because he could and he knew people weren't going to react. I was wondering what I'd do had he sprayed me in the face with it. Obviously in fantasy land, I'd clock him one immediately to the jaw and have his friend throw his crisps at me. In reality though I'd definitely be better off just walking on like everyone else did. It does make me sick that they get away with it.

On a previous occasion on the same street I saw a kidrepeatedly throw a wooden broom into the air and have it fall down on top of people. Again people were just going on with their business as if it wasn't happening, and doing their best to avoid the flying broom. These guys were maybe 9-14. I kept walking too, but if it hit me, again what would I have done? Fight a 9 year old? Confront a 9 year old? Keep walking, because all they want is a reaction? Well yes obviously that one, but I'd much rather go on a child punching spree, just so they have a think about doing it again. Even though I'm sure they get the shit beaten out of them at home, not to mention all the stuff they've been exposed to all their lives. Me confronting them in my G-Star jacket and converse hi tops would probably be a dream come true.

But I would still love to have knocked that 17 year old with the silly string out. He just looked like a total pisskidney

Some people need smashing to bits. Some right horrible bastards out there.

Let's form a vigilante mob. We'll call ourself "VillaTalk vs. the words removed". I've got a long list we can start running through.

I was walking down Henry St in Dublin the other day, second biggest shopping street in Dublin, but quite a bit rougher than Grafton St. Maybe 5pm. This young lad, maybe 16/17 was walking down the street spraying people in the face with silly string. He wasn't being fun about it, just doing it because he could and he knew people weren't going to react. I was wondering what I'd do had he sprayed me in the face with it. Obviously in fantasy land, I'd clock him one immediately to the jaw and have his friend throw his crisps at me. In reality though I'd definitely be better off just walking on like everyone else did. It does make me sick that they get away with it.

On a previous occasion on the same street I saw a kidrepeatedly throw a wooden broom into the air and have it fall down on top of people. Again people were just going on with their business as if it wasn't happening, and doing their best to avoid the flying broom. These guys were maybe 9-14. I kept walking too, but if it hit me, again what would I have done? Fight a 9 year old? Confront a 9 year old? Keep walking, because all they want is a reaction? Well yes obviously that one, but I'd much rather go on a child punching spree, just so they have a think about doing it again. Even though I'm sure they get the shit beaten out of them at home, not to mention all the stuff they've been exposed to all their lives. Me confronting them in my G-Star jacket and converse hi tops would probably be a dream come true.

But I would still love to have knocked that 17 year old with the silly string out. He just looked like a total pisskidney

Brutal - did chuckle though that it was outside the Tourist Office!!!!

Let's form a vigilante mob. We'll call ourself "VillaTalk vs. the words removed". I've got a long list we can start running through.

Only if pints signs up

• Like 1

Tsk ! No wonder the Dubs are shoite at hurling. Had that been a Corkman, no one would've been left standing !

Up the Rebels !!!

I remember been offered a blowie in the wilton market ...

Wilton market brings back some memories....god the smell! Ive never smelt anything like it in all my life.

Are these two comments part of the same story? 

:o  :detect:

Edited by StanBalaban

Never hit until your are hit first. Not worth getting in trouble with the law. Unless you have an amir khan style glass jaw or the guy is a big punching heavyweight no way are you going down after one punch. Most guys dont know how to react after being hit so go into auto panic mode and collapse to the floor as they dont know how to react after getting hit.

I see you in the boxing thread alot. You should defo join a boxing gym. Might teach you more self discipline so in future you will walk away unless you are attacked as from your description it sounded unwarranted to cheap shot the guy.

Not saying I agree with his actions, but if he thought this would happen after one of them hit him then he would be down and maybe getting a good kicking from them.

Cant really grasp how you ended up getting into it where you had to hit one of them. Could you not have ran off or were they blocking your exit route?

I have the wrists of a lady and I bruise like a peach, I have taken a couple of beatings over the years, both times when the odds were unfairly stacked against me, I do recall one time though I was walking out of a pub in Skegness and a bloke who was clearly drunk, from nowhere swung at me. He was a bit bigger than me and clearly tastier, I said I dont want any trouble mate, out with my  girlfriend and we are heading back to camp (I worked at the holiday camp at the time), he swung again and missed for a second time. I thought **** it, landed one on him, he went to his arse and stayed there. I tootled off, back on camp for a drink. Turns out 2 minutes later he tried the same thing on a considerably bigger man than him, who didnt have wrists of a lady and didnt stop once he put him on his arse. I think thats the last time I fought, that was in 1995.

You see, you made the mistake of interacting with other human beings, always a bad move.

Be a Ninja, blend in become anonymous and see danger before it happens; this is the only true knowledge.

Fighting is too easy and so is hurting people.

However there comes a time in everyone's life where they are forced to fight or flight; always keep distance between you and another person and have an exit route. You seemed to have done this so fair play!

Bruce Lee always taught his students to first and foremost run very fast B)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good job we have Batman, or those in real life who are inspired by him, working in public safety who try their best to fight back.

Even if they do end up looking like this every now and again -

beat_up_batman_by_akimbocomics.jpg

Don't try this at home, kids :D

I once got attacked in south london by a gang of blokes. The group of men went by the name of "The gary gang" not to be messed with I tell ya.

Everytime i read this I cant get Mysterymen out of my head!

Â