When is it alright to fight?

leemond2008

Having lived where Leemond has, I know what a hard place it can be. You need to have your wits about you and you sure as hell need to make sure you don't take any shit. I can understand the situation, it's one that's familiar to me. A few years ago I think I'd have taken similar action. These days, unless it's absolutely necessary I'll always try and get out of any similar situation without resorting to violence. It can be done, but it does play with your head a little, especially if someone really deserves a smack in the mouth.

Its erdington! Its hardly the mean streets of compton.

I've never thrown a punch in my life, I reckon I could handle myself if I was in that situation though.

I just don't see how people can get so angry with another human being to do so. Maybe I'm just too much of a happy person.

• Like 1

I remember been offered a blowie in the wilton market ....also while playing football down in the H.P (by females)............**** this Im moving back !!!!!

Wilton market brings back some memories....god the smell! Ive never smelt anything like it in all my life.

I remember been offered a blowie in the wilton market ....also while playing football down in the H.P (by females)............**** this Im moving back !!!!!

Wilton market brings back some memories....god the smell! Ive never smelt anything like it in all my life.

Snigger. :D

Snigger. :D

:-)

Having lived where Leemond has, I know what a hard place it can be. You need to have your wits about you and you sure as hell need to make sure you don't take any shit. I can understand the situation, it's one that's familiar to me. A few years ago I think I'd have taken similar action. These days, unless it's absolutely necessary I'll always try and get out of any similar situation without resorting to violence. It can be done, but it does play with your head a little, especially if someone really deserves a smack in the mouth. 

I've lived in Erdington all my life and lived on the high street for 4 years and this is the first time I have been put in that position, it's not a case of strutting about like Mike Tyson because I pretty much hit and ran because to stand and trade would have been murder but to stand and wait would have been stupid.

ERD isn't the hardest of places these days you just get **** idiots who knock about, to be honest the more I think about it the happier I am because I know that a few years ago I would have been frightened to throw the first punch.

Unfortunately I'v had hard times in various areas of Erdington. Six Ways was probably the worst though. Being a big lad (not 8pints big, but still a fair sized unit), I always used to get shit from people trying to prove themselves I guess. I remember walking to get the 11 in to Stocko once on the way back from college, and some lad with dreds ran up and punched me in the face for no reason. At that point instinct kicked in, and he got a shock when I grabbed hold of his dreds and pulled him back. He managed to wriggle free and ran off, but it did dawn on me later what might have happened. He could have been with a load of mates, and they all could have piled in. He could have had a knife. It's hard to strike that balance between not taking shit, and not putting yourself in a situation that could cause you serious harm.     

Its erdington! Its hardly the mean streets of compton.

I never said it was, just calling it like I see it, from living there. It can be a horrible place, and I've seen some horrible things happen there. I've also got some great memories of living there, and seen some wonderful things happen there. 

So this is what happened to StigVillan.

I feel I can not correctly convey just how funny I found this and how much I laughed (And am still laughing after) reading this.

I'm going to go back and 'like' posts of yours but remember if you ever look back, they were actually for this post :D

Entertaining post as always but I was a bit let down nobody got volleyed in the jaw.

That said it's probably best not to make enemies of people with no jobs, they've got a lot of time to plot their revenge. Also the whole prison thing.

Â