When is it alright to fight?

leemond2008

OK so I have just leveled a blue nose but in my eyes it was justified

so the story goes, I've been going through some shite just lately and I've been keeping my head down cuz I basically don't wanna see or speak to anyone, thats my choice

My mom and dad have got new neighbours who have knocked been doing work on their house (which is fair enough) but they have damaged me mom n dads house and things have got pretty nasty between them, anyway last week one of the **** told my mom to 'shut the **** up' at this point I lost my shit and tried to pretty much punch my way into the house to kill them and they ended up calling the police on me, the coppers were really good and fell on our side of the fence.

I have just been up the road to get some fags and on my way back I bump into some scummy bluenose hanging around outside the bookies who thought it would be a good time to pull me up and give me a ribbing about our result yesterday, now I am all for speaking to bluenoses as long as they are speaking sense, but after a few minutes of talking and trying to end the conversation his mates had grouped around me (3 of them) then he said something along the lines of 'I dont wear a **** t-shirt like you to show who I support, I've got a **** tattoo, I let that slide but I could just tell that there was no getting out of the situation and it wasn't going to end well for me so I pretty much twatted him and ran off, I'm pretty sure he was seeing stars at the time and his mates didn't know what was happening.

luckily I only live down the road so once I was home there was no way of them finding me but I just can't help feeling that I was justified in what I done

he may have been having an aggressive chat and may have meant no harm but last week from my window I saw two 14 year olds smack the living shits out of two fully grown men and it was an eye opener and I don't  really wanna be caught in the position where I am on my own and copping a hiding through no fault of my own, I know they are two completely different situations but I haven't had a fight in years and to end up having the police called and then just twatting someone in the space of a week if quite strange

• Like 1

Never hit until your are hit first. Not worth getting in trouble with the law. Unless you have an amir khan style glass jaw or the guy is a big punching heavyweight no way are you going down after one punch. Most guys dont know how to react after being hit so go into auto panic mode and collapse to the floor as they dont know how to react after getting hit.

I see you in the boxing thread alot. You should defo join a boxing gym. Might teach you more self discipline so in future you will walk away unless you are attacked as from your description it sounded unwarranted to cheap shot the guy.

Never hit until your are hit first. Not worth getting in trouble with the law. Unless you have an amir khan style glass jaw or the guy is a big punching heavyweight no way are you going down after one punch. Most guys dont know how to react after being hit so go into auto panic mode and collapse to the floor as they dont know how to react after getting hit.

I see you in the boxing thread alot. You should defo join a boxing gym. Might teach you more self discipline so in future you will walk away unless you are attacked as from your description it sounded unwarranted to cheap shot the guy

yeah I lost my head when it came to my mom n dads neighbours but I still think that what I done tonight was justified, it was a case of getting the first punch in, I didn't hang around and gloat it was a case of 'if I don't throw then I'm going to get thrown at' I've never had any training when it comes to fighting but I'm a big lad and I was backed into a corner and I could just tell how it was going to end, I am sorry but I'm not going to stand and chat about the new muppets movie when I know I am slowly being surrounded for one reason only

Personally I would've legged it instead of punching the bloke. Can't really offer advice as I wasn't there. Aren't you likely to meet again if he uses a local bookies?

Personally I would've legged it instead of punching the bloke. Can't really offer advice as I wasn't there. Aren't you likely to meet again if he uses a local bookies?

modern day fighting, no doubt he'll now be sorting out his bigger mate to come find leemond, then leemond gets his bigger mate, rinse and repeat...

ive had friends try that one, they've got pissed, bumped in to a bloke, drinks gone over (which 10 years ago when i was 19 you'd all laugh about, replace the drink shake hands walk away, now it starts a gang war...) he's been smacked, somehow a month later I've got that blokes mates trying to fight me over it, hows that work?

There was no way I could have just ran, I've never seen the bloke before and I don't normally wonder around Erdington High Street after 9 o'clock for that reason alone

Having lived where Leemond has, I know what a hard place it can be. You need to have your wits about you and you sure as hell need to make sure you don't take any shit. I can understand the situation, it's one that's familiar to me. A few years ago I think I'd have taken similar action. These days, unless it's absolutely necessary I'll always try and get out of any similar situation without resorting to violence. It can be done, but it does play with your head a little, especially if someone really deserves a smack in the mouth. 

Having lived where Leemond has, I know what a hard place it can be. You need to have your wits about you and you sure as hell need to make sure you don't take any shit. I can understand the situation, it's one that's familiar to me. A few years ago I think I'd have taken similar action. These days, unless it's absolutely necessary I'll always try and get out of any similar situation without resorting to violence. It can be done, but it does play with your head a little, especially if someone really deserves a smack in the mouth. 

I've lived in Erdington all my life and lived on the high street for 4 years and this is the first time I have been put in that position, it's not a case of strutting about like Mike Tyson because I pretty much hit and ran because to stand and trade would have been murder but to stand and wait would have been stupid.

ERD isn't the hardest of places these days you just get **** idiots who knock about, to be honest the more I think about it the happier I am because I know that a few years ago I would have been frightened to throw the first punch.

Â