Things wrong with our club?

Dodgyknees

I said the same under McLeish, if he fails to get 40 points he should go. And it should be written in his contract.

To get less than 40 points in the same year as setting a new club record would surely mean he'd have to go.

However I don't believe that PL has shown any ability as a coach or tactician.

This season has been disappointing but **** me, we've beaten Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal. He got a shit club like Norwich promoted from League 1.

So what do you get more points for beating them rather than Fulham? No! Didn't think so.

I think the point being made was that you don't get the results we've got against the better teams in the league by being a crap tactician.

The players carry more blame for the Fulham defeat than PL does IMO. Its not like he's sending them up the tunnel with the instructions "Remember lads, defend like you've only just been introduced." or (vs. Man Utd) "Its a fine of a weeks wages for every goal you score Christian"

There is some recieved wisdom in football "By Championship players and that is where you will end up" - half our squad are just that, and that isn't solely Lambert's fault either.

I don't think that win had anything to do with Lambert. Our players just seem more up for it against the bigger teams.

Or you could say that the other way...maybe they thought they had to turn up against Fulham. You can't take away the good results to argue your point, it doesn't help with a balanced argument...unless you're Michael Moore.

Everybody party like it's 2004. 

I think most of the problems stem from our style of football.

Out of all the tactics out there,  the way we play is

a) the most boring to watch

B) hardly a reason for quality players to join us

c) It does not work at all when playing at home

d) It relies on luck a lot of the time tbh

e) It removes any media impact as no one talks about how we play

f) It is by far the cheapest way of playing to maintain,  speed is always cheaper than skill which is a fantastic coincidence

g) we have a few people who can head a ball so its important to have virtually no players who can go past someone and cross the ball,  this is vital for our style of play to stay sh1 t.

h) Possession is nine tenths of the game,  without the ball is a bad thing.  This concept is lost on the Villa at the moment.  Some games we are 70/30 or even worse and then we break away and score *This is the luck element at play I feel.  Sit on the edge of you 18 yard box for long enough then yeah,  we might nick the ball or the opponent might **** up.  Great,  this is not football,  this is waiting for a go of the ball while the big kids have a kick around.  It's no surprise either we have so many Yellow cards,  Quite difficult to get Yellow cards with the ball so this stat says it all really.

I believe what my eyes tell me rather than what my heart is hoping for.

In the 2 seasons I was expecting a bit more despite the Austerity programme, there are still some damning statistics like the futile home record.

I now read in tonights Birmingham mail that Lambert believes the improvement this season in Nathan Baker's game is noticeable.

look, all this becomes so subjective and in my view tedious....same old, same old, same old comments that defend the status quo.

I have quite often defended Randy, but it is plain to me that there seems no further interest from both of them.

It also seems to me they have both worn each other out.....Randy & Paul Lambert that is with Paul Faulkner as an innocent bystander.

It needs a clear out for me.....They are ALL taking the ****

The culture is all wrong. There doesn't appear to be an aim for the club to be challenging for anything. The manager dismissed the FA Cup earlier in the season, he can't talk properly, he is uninspiring and his tactics are woeful. The guys above him make no contact through the media at all. The chairman doesn't show up. We always sell our best players. 

When you look at clubs like Southampton it's painful that we cannot match them. The culture at Saints is spot on - they try to play attractive football and they sign some very good players. I don't buy into the fact we haven't got the players - there's been enough time to address this in Lambert's time here. 

When it costs so much to watch a Premier League side live, you expect entertainment. The way we play makes us boring to watch. 

We need a complete shift at the club - the board and management of the team have failed to achieve anything - we've gone backwards. When Randy first took over there was a buzz about Villa Park. We need that buzz back because I think we're all fed up with the circus that it's become. 

• Like 1

The culture is all wrong. There doesn't appear to be an aim for the club to be challenging for anything. The manager dismissed the FA Cup earlier in the season, he can't talk properly, he is uninspiring and his tactics are woeful. The guys above him make no contact through the media at all. The chairman doesn't show up. We always sell our best players. 

When you look at clubs like Southampton it's painful that we cannot match them. The culture at Saints is spot on - they try to play attractive football and they sign some very good players. I don't buy into the fact we haven't got the players - there's been enough time to address this in Lambert's time here. 

When it costs so much to watch a Premier League side live, you expect entertainment. The way we play makes us boring to watch. 

We need a complete shift at the club - the board and management of the team have failed to achieve anything - we've gone backwards. When Randy first took over there was a buzz about Villa Park. We need that buzz back because I think we're all fed up with the circus that it's become. 

While yes I agree with the comments above, you have to remember that a few yrs ago Southampton were playing in league one. So it hasn't all been sweetness and light. I just hope this is cyclical, that the board have a plan and we will one day be dining at the top of the english table. This is more in blind faith than any analysis of the hard evidence though.

The sizable minority of fans who crack under the slightest bit of pressure.

The sizable minority of fans who turn on our own players when the going gets tough.

The sizable minority of fans who make Villa Park a daunting place for their own team to play in.

The sizable minority of fans who love to talk our club down.

We're three points off eleventh spot, have five games left to play yet we have supporters among us actively want to throw in the towel.   Do us all a favour and just don't bother turning up to Villa Park until next season you're sucking the life out of the players, your fellow supporters and ultimately our great club.  Grow a backbone the lot of you or get season tickets elsewhere.

The biggest obstacle to us getting a win v Southampton won't be the ability of the players or the selection our manager picks on the day, it will be the atmosphere in the stadium and the mood of the fans.  If Tonev plays, get behind him.  If Gabby plays, get behind him.  If Holt plays, get behind him.   It's not rocket science.  Lift the players out of this and support them.

Watch the Liverpool fans today, take a note out of Crystal Palace's support yesterday - positive backing helps.  If you don't think you can do it or if your heart isn't in it simply stay away from Villa Park until next season.

The time to talk about the Chairman, the manager and so on is after the final whistle of the final game - until then get behind ASTON VILLA and help us to get as many points as we possibly can.

• Like 3

The sizable minority of fans who crack under the slightest bit of pressure.

The sizable minority of fans who turn on our own players when the going gets tough.

The sizable minority of fans who make Villa Park a daunting place for their own team to play in.

The sizable minority of fans who love to talk our club down.

We're three points off eleventh spot, have five games left to play yet we have supporters among us actively want to throw in the towel. Do us all a favour and just don't bother turning up to Villa Park until next season you're sucking the life out of the players, your fellow supporters and ultimately our great club. Grow a backbone the lot of you or get season tickets elsewhere.

The biggest obstacle to us getting a win v Southampton won't be the ability of the players or the selection our manager picks on the day, it will be the atmosphere in the stadium and the mood of the fans. If Tonev plays, get behind him. If Gabby plays, get behind him. If Holt plays, get behind him. It's not rocket science. Lift the players out of this and support them.

Watch the Liverpool fans today, take a note out of Crystal Palace's support yesterday - positive backing helps. If you don't think you can do it or if your heart isn't in it simply stay away from Villa Park until next season.

The time to talk about the Chairman, the manager and so on is after the final whistle of the final game - until then get behind ASTON VILLA and help us to get as many points as we possibly can.

Yep, it is all the fans fault!

You are a much better fan than the sizeable minority.

Edited by jim

There it is.

Only a matter of time till someone blamed the fans. Haha good one.

Oh and if it was a sizeable minority it wouldn't be an issue would it?

Exactly

Â