• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Oh and amusingly the PA announcer was telling everyone about next seasons season tickets. I can hardly contain my excitement as to the delights of us playing Bournemouth.

Are Bournemouth mounting a late push for the play offs?

LOL you know exactly what I meant. The Cherries are my 'second side' so hopefully it won't happen

I know we have a lot of injuries right now but that is to me just a lame excuse. We have seen performances like this before even without any injuries. We can't have players who turn up every 20th game(Weimann) or 50th game(Bennett). We need players that come to play every week and even if they are having a stinker with passes and ball control they should be able to defend. 

Been on the fence with Lambert since Boxing Day. I think I would like a new owner and new manager this summer.

• Like 2

Just home in a state of shock. I can't think constructively. My mind is a horrible collage of painful things. Sitting for an hour all the way home on the 11 with the bus in complete silence. Holte Lower faction chanting "Lerner Out". Lads and lasses around where we sit all as pig sick as each other. "Why is he bringing Bowery on?" "Why is he taking Albrighton off?"  "Four minutes to play and he is making a substitution" "Why can't Baker pass to one of his own men?"   "Why are they jogging with the ball instead of running flat out with it?"   "Why does Guzan keep hoofing the ball?"

The sum total of all this horrible stuff is that that was as bad a performance as any I have ever seen.

I said to a few mates this morning if we lose today the problem is that the owner and the CEO will just not care. Neither of them has any love for the Villa. They feel no pain at a performance like that just something to have a look at fixing on Monday morning if anything needs fixing at all they would add.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Just rubbish. We honestly couldn't be much worse.

At this stage of Lambert's project we are no further forward then when AM left. We have little talent, no heart or fight, and embarrass the faithful with inept hone displays. Why would you bother paying the extortionate prices to watch these overpaid, talentless kids not bothering for this once proud club.

Lamberts a busted flush, he's been found out, it's over. And I blame Lerner in equal amounts too.

• Like 2

This team is just so poor. Even when Holt scored I didn't celebrate.

Lambert & Co have sucked my whole enjoyment out of watching us. I can sum up in one word watching us at home. Boring

• Like 3

Just home in a state of shock. I can't think constructively. My mind is a horrible collage of painful things. Sitting for an hour all the way home on the 11 with the bus in complete silence. Holte Lower faction chanting "Lerner Out". Lads and lasses around where we sit all as pig sick as each other. "Why is he bringing Bowery on?" "Why is he taking Albrighton off?"  "Four minutes to play and he is making a substitution" "Why can't Baker pass to one of his own men?"   "Why are they jogging with the ball instead of running flat out with it?"   "Why does Guzan keep hoofing the ball?"

The sum total of all this horrible stuff is that that was as bad a performance as any I have ever seen.

I said to a few mates this morning if we lose today the problem is that the owner and the CEO will just not care. Neither of them has any love for the Villa. They feel no pain at a performance like that just something to have a look at fixing on Monday morning if anything needs fixing at all they would add.

This is an almost word for word exact post from Brian Green on the H&V forum.

What was the combined cost of our starting XI today? It can't have been much more than £10m can it? 

I make it £13m, but I'm only guessing at some of the values really. 

Shocking.

Even the teams of newly promoted clubs cost more than that. I knew out players were cheap, but that really goes to show how far our squad has been run in to the ground in the last 4 or 5 years. It's completely unsustainable for a Premier League club to be run on this kind of budget.

If Randy ever showed up at Villa Park we could at least give him the £ sign treatment, but I doubt he even knows when we're playing.

What can you do to protest an absentee owner when he's taken the club private.

As can be seen today Mr Paul Lambert is a dour little person and his team on display today were the same as him dour and uninspiring.  I don't believe he is the man to manage Villa any more he say's it is a project, but what is the objective of this project?  What are the goals?  Its his team now and they do not perform!  This is all down to him and him alone!!!!its called project

Its called project....keep my wages coming in.

The silence and the sustained period of abscense from Lerner is a real concern now. He owes it to the fans to come out and say something now. It's an absolute piss take out of the fanbase.

But he's a bit shy. :(

The silence and the sustained period of abscense from Lerner is a real concern now. He owes it to the fans to come out and say something now. It's an absolute piss take out of the fanbase.

Does he owe us anything though mate? He couldn't give a toss about us. He clearly wants to just make his money back and do one. With or without Villa he is still a very very wealthy man with other interests to keep him occupied.

I don't think the club matters anymore.

Just got back for what will be the last time. I will not watch another piece of crap performance with this lame duck of a manager in charge. Gave them one last chance today, they blew it.

First and foremost, that line up was shocking. The way we were set up smacked of a desperate man scratching for ideas, and all 11 looked like they barely knew each other.

Yet again it was a typical Lambert home performance really. Flat, insipid, very negative and without any clear cohesive plan other than once again hoof the ball to the big man up front. We nearly lost the game on extremely poor mistakes from the numpties that make up our defence alone. Albrighton was lively and it was nice to see Holt score but it was a gifted chance really.

Fulham were crap but we were worse, to say that against the bottom side in the league is very depressing. They had some chances and they took them. We just had no ideas.

There is a cancer at the club and his name is Lerner. But his yes-man manager is to blame for the crap we see on the pitch. He's clearly not the manager we thought he'd be and I hope he isn't our manager next season.

I'm just so depressed. I feel like the club I used to love has been taken away and replaced by something that is so sterile, flat and pointless.

.....and to make matters worse, its been like this for over 4 years( so all the excuse makers defaulting to injuries are kidding themselves).....the club is devoid of fighters at every level.

Even when watching a reserve side I expect them to be organised and capable of putting a few passes together to appear to be a well drilled unit. There has been no improvement at the villa in recent times and that has to be the manager and his coaching staff, same mistakes and lack of any football knowledge every week resulting in panic and hoofball at every game. We cannot simply keep this setup going on as it doe's not have the ability to do the basics and no extra time will change the lack of any idea from the coaching staff on how to pass the ball from one player to the next. We are a side that is easy to score against and we do nothing about it even big sam looks a genius at west ham against our poor blinkered management.

Â