• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

People keep blaming injuries...have people forgotten that we've been dog shit pretty much all year...

Okore's been injured for just about the whole year. Benteke for about a third of it - remember, he's the guy that saved us from relegation last season.

We haven't been dog shit all year, we've had good times and bad times. We're having bad times particularly now because the injury list is actually so bad it's taking the piss.

The fact that, regardless of the players we bought in, we struggled without just 2 players, shows that the squad isn't good enough.

We've managed to win a handful of games against the big teams, yet he doesn't seem to motivate the players for the games that we actually should win...

He's spent money that he's had badly, Helenius is a prime example. If you can't buy well, don't buy at all. He's spent £50m since he's been here and he's actually weakened the team. Don't just buy for the sake of it...especially when he brings in Bennett-shit and Bowery-terrible.

If you're happy to accept another season of this, I'm happy for you. I'm certainly not happy to accept this. I didn't renew this year and I've only been to 2 awful games...it won't change next year. I'm not paying to watch the crap football we play.

We all love Villa, but I just cannot see how Lambert has proved he can take us forward.

.......its time up for me.

• Like 1

The silence and the sustained period of abscense from Lerner is a real concern now. He owes it to the fans to come out and say something now. It's an absolute piss take out of the fanbase.

don't worry we will all have our moment.....its just a question if WE have the balls to use it.

What was the combined cost of our starting XI today? It can't have been much more than £10m can it?

I make it £13m, but I'm only guessing at some of the values really.

Shocking.

Even the teams of newly promoted clubs cost more than that. I knew out players were cheap, but that really goes to show how far our squad has been run in to the ground in the last 4 or 5 years. It's completely unsustainable for a Premier League club to be run on this kind of budget.

If Randy ever showed up at Villa Park we could at least give him the £ sign treatment, but I doubt he even knows when we're playing.

What can you do to protest an absentee owner when he's taken the club private.

N'zogbia, benteke, kozak, okore, £25m worth not available today. Can't blame lerner or lambert for that.

Frustration should be fierce. Blaming gains us nothing.

Positives....

Grant Holt looked dangerous and gave them lots of worries.

Weimann's runs hassled and worried the defenders

Holt and weimann seemed to be on the same page more often than not.

Bacuna and Bertrand both looked capable (not brilliant) pushed up into midfield.

I think we saw Leandro in his best position.

Lowton deserves some huge credit for his clearance off the line

Tonev only hit one shot outside the box (that I remember) and it was on frame, excellent save required... Row z was safe.

That's it. That's all I can think of.

a sad attempt of trying to keep yourself interested.

a good old protest is what changes things for the better.....thats positive.

....because those kind of comments will just allow what we have just witnessed to continue for another 4 years.....that cannot be positive.

What was the combined cost of our starting XI today? It can't have been much more than £10m can it?

I make it £13m, but I'm only guessing at some of the values really.

Shocking.

Even the teams of newly promoted clubs cost more than that. I knew out players were cheap, but that really goes to show how far our squad has been run in to the ground in the last 4 or 5 years. It's completely unsustainable for a Premier League club to be run on this kind of budget.

If Randy ever showed up at Villa Park we could at least give him the £ sign treatment, but I doubt he even knows when we're playing.

What can you do to protest an absentee owner when he's taken the club private.

N'zogbia, benteke, kozak, okore, £25m worth not available today. Can't blame lerner or lambert for that.

I want to know what the hell is going on in training! ;)

we have had a manager who has spunked the best part of 100 mill up the wall and has helped set the club back c10 yeras......and now we have his son.

I was out during the match, are these holt votes sarcastic or was he actually good?

He was our best player. Not sure whether that says how bad we were though. He certainly put himself about and held the ball up well. A goal too.

• Like 1

Positives....

Bacuna and Bertrand both looked capable (not brilliant) pushed up into midfield.

Tonev only hit one shot outside the box (that I remember) and it was on frame, excellent save required... Row z was safe.

....because those kind of comments will just allow what we have just witnessed to continue for another 4 years.....that cannot be positive.

Protest the owner, not the manager. Lambert hasn't done that poor of a job in the circumstances, and villa fans will get ripped in the press for protesting lambert. Plus, he's not the real issue.

Protest Lerner, go after the real issue at the club right now. A new owner would likely get a new manager as well, so you'd be killing two birds with one stone.

At least, that's what I think I learned from watching the median reaction to the protests at Blackburn. And sacking Kean didn't solve a whole lot. He was doing a poor job, but it wasn't in the best of circumstances, and the real problem is still at the club.

• Like 1

I was out during the match, are these holt votes sarcastic or was he actually good?

He was our best player. Not sure whether that says how bad we were though. He certainly put himself about and held the ball up well. A goal too.

He was our best player by a country mile IMO. Put himself about worked hard and tried to do something.

• Like 1

Just rubbish. We honestly couldn't be much worse.

At this stage of Lambert's project we are no further forward then when AM left. We have little talent, no heart or fight, and embarrass the faithful with inept hone displays. Why would you bother paying the extortionate prices to watch these overpaid, talentless kids not bothering for this once proud club.

Lamberts a busted flush, he's been found out, it's over. And I blame Lerner in equal amounts too.

Great post mate my thoughts entirely. Lerner is a clueness **** with no interest in the club who has employed a manager who has the tactical and organisation nous of a soapdish.

• Like 1

Goalkeepers

Guzan - 1st team

Steer - backup

Given - jog on

Defenders

2 Baker - jog on

3 Bennett - jog on

4 Vlaar - 1st team

5 Okore - 1st team

6 Clark - jog on

14 Luna - squad

23 Bertrand - on loan

34 Lowton - squad

Midfielders

7 Bacuna - 1st team

8 El Ahmadi - squad

12 Albrighton - 1st team

15 Westwood - squad

16 Delph - 1st team

17 Herd - jog on

18 Sylla - jog on

22 Gardner ??

24 Tonev - squad

N'Zogbia - squad

Forwards

9 Helenius ??

10 Weimann - jog on

11 Agbonlahor - Squad

20 Benteke 1st team

21 Bowery - jog on

27 Kozák - squad

Guzan

*Aurier* vlaar okore *Bertrand*

*Chalobah* delph

Bacuna *Sigurdsson* *Moses*

Benteke

Positives....

TRO - sorry mate, over the line IMO. I'm quite interested in villa, not interested in being told I'm sad for noting the positives I saw. I try hard not to imply that those with more caustic views are lesser fans, please don't call me sad and insult my preferred way of supporting the club. Protest if you like. I won't attend. I'll be positive my way, you be positive yours. And I won't call your way sad and undermining the club if you won't be degrading toward mine. Fair enough?

This team is just so poor. Even when Holt scored I didn't celebrate.

Lambert & Co have sucked my whole enjoyment out of watching us. I can sum up in one word watching us at home. Boring

Oh I would rip your hand off if we were just boring at home. No my friend we are just plain old fashioned shit at home. For 3 bloody years.

Wtf just seen motd. That was over the line!!!

no it wasnt, being spherical not all of the ball was over the line despite the bottom of the ball being over the line, same thing you see when players take corners with it looking like the ball isnt in the line

same thing happened last week

This team is just so poor. Even when Holt scored I didn't celebrate.

Lambert & Co have sucked my whole enjoyment out of watching us. I can sum up in one word watching us at home. Boring

How can you not celebrate our goal? Things looked upbeat at that point.

I know it's hard at the moment, but we have to stay behind our lads. If you can't, it's your own fault.

Edited by AVTuco

The silence and the sustained period of abscense from Lerner is a real concern now. He owes it to the fans to come out and say something now. It's an absolute piss take out of the fanbase.

He is the problem. That much is clear.

What he intends to do is not. Will he sell at a loss? When does his stop loss kick in? With this spending strategy he should sell when books are cleared to attract a buyer.

Â