Missing planes

tonyh29

Why is newsnight (in their 'detailed article on the subject) calling this an 'act of terror'?

Is it perhaps because the latest law restricting our liberty, like the others which preceded it, rushed through with the shameful support of the Labour leadership, requires a narrative of continual terrorist threat to undermine our critical faculties?
Newsnight is not working on behalf of the government.

'Terror' is a headline that resonates better with viewers than 'mistake', that is all.

Dream on. You couldn't put a hair between the BBC line and the government of the day.

What on earth do you mean by "resonates better with viewers"? Is it a euphemism for "they have been trained to accept"? The whole point is that it's a narrative, ie a continuing story.

We are told repeatedly that we made at great risk from terrorism. Where there is a risk, the cause, our illegal and immoral interventions in other countries, is not reported or discussed. Where there is little or no risk, the risk is talked up to justify state grabs of power and the curtailment of our freedom.

From your other posts, I thought you would be alert to and in opposition to the continual extension of state control of our lives. But it seems I am mistaken.

A lot of my friends are in media and work as journalists. I know they are not government stooges, they report what they think people will be interested in. 

If it wasn't bad enough with skynews walking all over a crime scene for a story russia are now taking bodys to hide evidence ....sorry russian backed rebels 

Speculation the black box has already been delivered to mother russia 

Edited by Meath_Villan

I'm starting to get fed up of 'the modern world'. Its all so corrupt and pointless. If it wasn't for my pathetic attachment to phones/tv/games consoles et al then I'd probably bugger off to some forgotten about island and escape the impending destruction of the world.

• Like 2

The black box will be pretty much useless if the plane was shot down. All it will say is everything normal then nothing 

I learn these kind of things off of Air crash Investigations on National Geographic

The black box will be pretty much useless if the plane was shot down. All it will say is everything normal then nothing

I guess the idea is it will rule out mechanical failure

Yeah it seems obvious the plane was shot down but we don't actually know that 100% given the situation

So they have footage of the weapon system being spirited away back to Russia, they have phone intercepts of calls between 'rebels' and their Russian controllers and they are seemingly blocking access to the crash site. Meanwhile evidence, the black box and bodies are reported to be being removed from the wreckage.

Doesn't seem a great deal of need to investigate what happened, they shot it down and then realised their error.

Sadly nobody will be punished for this as the Russians are busy trying to hide their involvement and the West lack the stones to do anything.

The rebels are now robbing the corpses pockets and their suitcases. Humanity has reached a new low.

I'd always be cautious of reports in a propaganda war , what is the source on these reports ?

• Like 4

The rebels are now robbing the corpses pockets and their suitcases. Humanity has reached a new low.

They will never sell another copy of The Sun in Ukraine again.

That was my thought this morning.  You'd have thought they'd never, ever have used that headline again, whatever the truth or otherwise of the reports.

They will never sell another copy of The Sun in Ukraine again.

That was my thought this morning.  You'd have thought they'd never, ever have used that headline again, whatever the truth or otherwise of the reports.

I was just joking… I had no idea they had actually done it.

I'd always be cautious of reports in a propaganda war , what is the source on these reports ?
Agree with that, and would also point out it's very far from a new low. Examples would include the groups who followed battles in order to rob the dying, people who used lamps to lure ships onto rocks to loot them, and more recently the lad who robbed someone in the riots who had just been injured.

It's not pretty, but it's also very far from being either new or a different quality of behaviour than people have sadly shown themselves capable of in many different situations, in many countries, across vast stretches of time.

• Like 3

Â