Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I think he's definitely good enough for the Premier League. There are many midfielders in this league that are worse than Bradley.

I wasn't saying he wasn't good enough for us, just didn't agree he was a stand out player in a league with a lot of good midfielders in it. Pogba stood out in serie A, Bradley did not.

Personally I think he'd do a job for us, he would be more suited to the UK than Italy anyway. He's playing in Canada though now so not much point talking abotu him being a potential target.

I was responding to the post above mine, by KSV, saying he wasn't good enough for the Prem :D

I don't think hes a bad player. I just don't think this league will suit his playing style. German league is perfect for him.

Ki Seung Yeung anyone? Belongs to Swansea but spent the season at Sunderland last year. Looked a decent midfielder to me.

I'm that bored waiting for the f1 to restart I am looking through last seasons squads for possible midfielders we could get. Wish we would pay the wages for either Barry or M'Bia given there would be no fee. 

I think we need to be savvy in the loan market this year.

Okay it does little for you long term and perhaps only serves to develop players for their parent club but needs must.

Look at how well Everton did with it last year

• Like 1

Okay it does little for you long term and perhaps only serves to develop players for their parent club but needs must.

Yep - couldn't agree more - all this backslapping at '5 year plan' 'foundations for the future' - its either club spin or total tosh.... lets forget all that mumbo jumbo - and just put a good team out next season

• Like 3

Bradley had a poor world cup. He's not good enough

Bradley was also played out of position at this World Cup, due in part to Altidore's injury and Dempsey playing alone up top. Pushing Bradley up the pitch freed up plenty of space for Jones, who was able to roam the centre of the pitch and was an absolute monster, but it did no favors for Bradley, who excels in a box-to-box role.

Is Bradley currently one of the very best midfielders in the world? No, probably not. Would he walk into the Villa midfield and give the team some much-needed shape. Yes, I believe so. Bradley's not the type of player who can fit seamlessly into any system, but he's always learning and always improving and I don't think anyone has seen the best of him yet. He's a physical specimen, but I think his intelligence will start to shine through even more over the coming years. 

And while I do agree that this World Cup was short of his standard, I don't think it was anywhere nearly as bad as people are suggesting.

Metro reporting Liverpool step up chase for Yedlin. Surely they can't be interested in everyone though?!

Word is that Yedlin is just a short way off from signing with Roma, where he'll finish the season with Seattle and then go out on loan for a year to another Serie A squad.

Edited by JamieZ

Everton spent millions in wages and fees for players who won't be there this season and all they have to show for it is the non money maker that is the Europa League. Without United spending £27m to sign their donkeys that won't be sustainable for much longer.

Don't think anyone has mentioned it... the mirror had an article earlier saying Barry to Everton could be off over a row between city and everton as city want 2m due to Barrys loan last year... article says us and West Ham sniffing around

Don't think anyone has mentioned it... the mirror had an article earlier saying Barry to Everton could be off over a row between city and everton as city want 2m due to Barrys loan last year... article says us and West Ham sniffing around

But he is a free now so City have no say over where he goes.

The article says because he was loaned out to Everton last year if he joins them Everton have to pay City 2m as that was part of the deal

Hit top teams for a few loans..Ba for 6 months till Bentekes back ... Van Ginkel would be an improvement on our midfield... Kyle Naughton, Sandro (Pochettino might give him some game time - quality player), Holtby?..Zaha??

Still wondering why as Lambert said we would be waiting until after the world cup?

I'd love to read more into it but it's only 6 more days! I think a lot of clubs will do stuff once the WC players return from their extended breaks and that may drip down to us. There's the annual link to Kiyo but not much else I think we'll have to wait for the bog clubs to fill their squads then try to loan the leftovers.

The article says because he was loaned out to Everton last year if he joins them Everton have to pay City 2m as that was part of the deal

I'd give Barry the top wages we are allowed if that's for eg £25k give him a signing on fee out the transfer fund to make up any shortfall on the wages he wanted. Or even give if he wants a 2 year £50k deal give him 3/4 years at £25k I know that's what we did with Given but Barry is 33 will play nearly every game and has a history here with roots. I can see him becoming a coach when he retires.