Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Morgan Amalfitano linked today - could do a job for us, especially for 2.5mil

Just what we need, more players that can 'do a job'

Yeah it really is.

Because a lot of our current squad can't do their job as it stands, can they?

we've got barely anything other than players that 'can do a job'

what we need is players that walk into the first team on merit, not more squad shite

IMHO of course

What im saying is...are they doing a job though? If they are its a shite one! ;)

Morgan Amalfitano linked today - could do a job for us, especially for 2.5mil

Just what we need, more players that can 'do a job'

Yeah it really is.

Because a lot of our current squad can't do their job as it stands, can they?

we've got barely anything other than players that 'can do a job'

what we need is players that walk into the first team on merit, not more squad shite

IMHO of course

What im saying is...are they doing a job though? If they are its a shite one! ;)

We need 1st team improvement not squad players. Then current 1st teamed either step up or become squad players we seem to have been padding out the squad of late so we need 3/4 1st team players hopefully Bowery and Albrighton going is the start of this.

a bit part player who did very little for a relegation rival last year...

i dont believe thats its true but i would be very disappointed, i'd take some convincing that he's better than albrighton

Let me convince you......he's much better than Albrighton......

i dont believe thats its true but i would be very disappointed, i'd take some convincing that he's better than albrighton

not based on his performances at the baggies that i saw last year he's not, 29 years old and the baggies couldnt agree a £2.5m deal for him

Gonna have to try considerably harder than that. 

I like Amalfitano, but as a player with potential. Needs to be part of a solid team with quality around him to help bring him on. It's that quality we need to be looking at atm.

You like a 29 year old as a player with potential?

My girlfriends Dad is a baggies fan... When I texted him about Amalfitano being linked with us his response ...

Super talent but lazy and not one for a fight. I'd have him back mind.

So he'll fit right in here.

Edited by BigCarew

not based on his performances at the baggies that i saw last year he's not, 29 years old and the baggies couldnt agree a £2.5m deal for him

Baggies couldn't agree a deal to pay for Sherwood's backroom staff and have just signed a coach who flopped at PNE tbf.

He is much better than Albrighton, he will fade in and out throughout the season but he can be a  match winner. I would take him for a few mil.

Baggies couldn't agree a deal to pay for Sherwood's backroom staff and have just signed a coach who flopped at PNE tbf.

He is much better than Albrighton, he will fade in and out throughout the season but he can be a  match winner. I would take him for a few mil.

This is starting to get a bit tiresome. The actual Albrighton, the one who played the second half of last season, didn't fade in and out, and was in fact one of the most consistent performers in the squad. Replacing him with a 29 year old who you're already acknowledging regularly goes missing seems particularly unlikely to be an improvement. 

Lescott is the player we should have tried getting would improve our defence now going to hull who are a relegation rival of ours at the min ( it's sad that a club like ours aim is to survive )

Yeah, a SIXTH centre back is just what we need

Lescott is the player we should have tried getting would improve our defence now going to hull who are a relegation rival of ours at the min ( it's sad that a club like ours aim is to survive )

Yeah, a SIXTH centre back is just what we need

We got Senderos because Lescott wanted to hold out to see what deals were available, he is off to Hull anyway.