Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

The rumour on twitter doing the rounds today is that Spuds are prepared to offer cash + Holtby for Delph. 

I'd have thought they would sort a manager before they start signing and selling midfielders. I mean what sort of club would be selling and buying midfielders without a manager in place......

• Like 1

The rumour on twitter doing the rounds today is that Spuds are prepared to offer cash + Holtby for Delph. 

I'd have thought they would sort a manager before they start signing and selling midfielders. I mean what sort of club would be selling and buying midfielders without a manager in place......

The story is from Mike Ashley's very own football direct news. Ignore it.

answer this..if villa wont pay for marc £35k a week..why do you think villa will hire barry & lescott ? ,the bomb squad is back! 

Albrighton wasn't worth 35k a week whereas if Lescott wants 45k he's worth that amount.

• Like 1

answer this..if villa wont pay for marc £35k a week..why do you think villa will hire barry & lescott ? ,the bomb squad is back!

Albrighton wasn't worth 35k a week whereas if Lescott wants 45k he's worth that amount.

Depends if Lescott is only willing to take a pay cut for a longer-term contract like Given was. We could end up in a similar hole. I guess the only difference is Lerner most likely won't be here to pay him off like the others so may rather sign a player for free and just pay the wages for a year if the takeover takes that long.

Prepared for the inevitable backlash from what I'm about to say but I would rather have fellaini than the supposed prodigal son Milner. Both would likely cost the same in terms of fee and wages just feel our current team needs that nasty bite fellaini would bring to us. Ducks for cover

Would be nice to get Hoolahan for half what we offered in January.

Unless Norwich refuse to sell to us again I think Hoolahan will be a Villa player before the start of the season. He is every bit as good as Holtby while costing a darn sight less in wages and fees. 

Unless Norwich refuse to sell to us again I think Hoolahan will be a Villa player before the start of the season. He is every bit as good as Holtby while costing a darn sight less in wages and fees.

Agreed if we have to go cheap for an AM, Hoolahan or Maloney would be my choices domestically.

I don't get the obsession with Holtby, he's made no impact at Spuds and faded after the first few games at Fulham. He should be back off to Germany.

Agreed if we have to go cheap for an AM, Hoolahan or Maloney would be my choices domestically.

I don't get the obsession with Holtby, he's made no impact at Spuds and faded after the first few games at Fulham. He should be back off to Germany.

To be fair, anyone would have faded in Fulham.

Nonsense.

He is obviously not as good as Holtby and he is 32 years old. Hoolahan played 10 games or so for a Norwich-side that relegated this season, whilst Holtby is only 23 years old with a long career ahead of him.

Holtby has a beef with Magath I think, but I saw some matches with him this season and he thinks outside the box when he is trying to create chances. Not David Silva-good, but obviously much better than everything we have at the moment in our team. I doubt Hoolahan would have gotten many games, just like he struggled with at Norwich.

• Like 1

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.

Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

Prepared for the inevitable backlash from what I'm about to say but I would rather have fellaini than the supposed prodigal son Milner. Both would likely cost the same in terms of fee and wages just feel our current team needs that nasty bite fellaini would bring to us. Ducks for cover

I really think Fellaini is a word removed.....but I sort of agree with you. In an ideal world, we'd have both.

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.

Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if it's completely wrong.

Fixed that for ya   :thumb: