Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

We couldn't afford Holt by on loan last time...

Interesting query though; which camp are you in on as regards spending a budget as it as come up in a few threads? Do you spend all the money on one, two or three players but risk them being injured with kids for back up or do you spread the 'bet' with more lower quality players?

Please no more low quality players. Please?

• Like 1

Our squad has been padded out enough, there is no point in buying players to challenge our first team squad for starting spots, we need to be buying a couple of players each window who will massively improve the first team.

IMO we need to be targeting the likes of Holtby & Hernandez now. I think the perfect summer (on roughly the same sustainable £20m budget) would be Holtby, Hernandez, Leroy Fer & Kyle Naughton.

• Like 1

Hernandez would certainly boost our profile in South America. Although I think it's fairly unlikely to happen...

Fat bloke in the pub last night reckons its a done deal...

Well that's all I need. Done deal.

Hernandez would certainly boost our profile in South America. Although I think it's fairly unlikely to happen...

Fat bloke in the pub last night reckons its a done deal...
Well that's all I need. Done deal.

Great! Going to get his name printed on a shirt tomorrow then

Mexico is Central America. Sorry to be a pedant. ;)

• Like 3

A few diff papers including Telegraph have said we will be bidding for Holtby and Javier Hernandez

Reported in The Sun that Lambert has handed Lerner a three man wish list of Lescott who is a free agent in the summer, Javier Hernandez and Holtby.

It's probably bullshit as Lambert is not exactly in a position of strength to demand anything other than beg to be kept in a job.

I get so frustrated with the club at times. I look at the 3 players Hull signed, and I said it before they even went to Hull that Villa should have signed them. Villa as bad as they are at the moment were still a more attractive proposition then newly promoted Hull and I honestly believe that Huddlestone, Long and Jelavic would have come. With those 3 or even 2 of those 3 in the squad, the club would already be safe. 

Anyway for this summer, the club should target Vokes, Caulker, Snodgrass and Shawcross. Not great players but the club need to be realistic. 

I get so frustrated with the club at times. I look at the 3 players Hull signed, and I said it before they even went to Hull that Villa should have signed them. Villa as bad as they are at the moment were still a more attractive proposition then newly promoted Hull and I honestly believe that Huddlestone, Long and Jelavic would have come. With those 3 or even 2 of those 3 in the squad, the club would already be safe. 

Anyway for this summer, the club should target Vokes, Caulker, Snodgrass and Shawcross. Not great players but the club need to be realistic.

I agree, although I can understand not going for Huddlestone because of his injury record. Turned out to be a fantastic gamble. Someone like Rodwell would be a gamble too with a big upside.

A few diff papers including Telegraph have said we will be bidding for Holtby and Javier Hernandez

Reported in The Sun that Lambert has handed Lerner a three man wish list of Lescott who is a free agent in the summer, Javier Hernandez and Holtby.

It's probably bullshit as Lambert is not exactly in a position of strength to demand anything other than beg to be kept in a job.

Thats the death knell for any manager ....for   'i ve given the chairman a list of players'  - read 'Im gonna get the sack' 

• Like 1

How anybody in the UK can hand Randy Lerner anything is beyond me as he is in USA and i have to say the words "demand" and "Lambert" in the same sentence, no does not fit. 

3 man wish list???  He needs about 15!!!