What do we WANT next season?

Mic09

Progress! Said last year that i just wanted to be away from a relegation battle which has happened again this year. Lambert needs to spend his kitty on 2-3 good players rather than 7 unknown cheap buys and he absolutely has to sort our home form, its embarrassing and i dont see how he can keep his job if we have another season of similar home results.

• Like 2

I want to be able to look at some of our players, particularly the younger ones and say.....He's better than last season.

sorry if me expectation is getting ahead of me.

Better home form and quality of football is a given I'd say.

Couple of others for me...

To knock the signing policy of 7-8 squad players a season on the head now, we need 3-4 better quality players who can improve the first team right now...Bertrand is an example of this and he would be a good start.

To sign two central midfielders who actually have a clue how to pass the ball forward to the strikers in the final third would be another I'd say.

In terms of league postion I'd be happy with another 9th or 10th finish I'd say BUT we need to be closer to the top 6 than the bottom 6 to at least give hope for the future.

If this is beyond the manager, then I'd sack him at the end of next season tbh. Nowhere have I said we should be top 6 or win a cup so these are not unrealistic expectations.

To sell the mediocre players who are no longer young and to replace them with good quality players. 

Give our young players a chance to play. I see no point in playing someone like Sylla or KEA if they have no long term future here. Grealish, Carruthers and some of the others deserve a chance next season.

Also, go all out to win a cup!

I want to be able to look at some of our players, particularly the younger ones and say.....He's better than last season.

sorry if me expectation is getting ahead of me.

You can say this about Delph, Clark and maybe even Westwood (though the last one is debatable)

KEA and Vlaar have also improved

Â