The Boring Thread

Spoony

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, that’s where I’ve gone soft. Once upon a time I’d have a big gnarly allotment sprout that’s been around the block a few times and gets ‘Nam flashbacks.

Now I’m buying packets of pretty little sprouts hand curated by Waitrose.

Why would where the sprouts originated from make a difference?

Clean them, put them in a microwavable dish with a very small amount of water, cover and nuke

It was more a size and age thing, I’ve never really had a Vietnamese sprout. Smaller is better, it’s a scientific fact in many areas of life.

I’m all about the dainty little sprout now, rather than the stunted cabbage the size of a golf ball.

It’s just one of those crops we’ve decided ain’t worth the bother, easier to buy them when you want them, than nurture a sprout stick through the winter.

• Like 1

I used to hate Brussels sprouts.   They had the unique thermodynamic property of always seeming to be cold when appearing on my plate regardless of how quickly they had been transferred there from the steamer.   Then I discovered roasting them.   I halve them, toss them in some olive oil in a plastic bag, then season with salt, pepper and grated parmesan and put them in the oven for ~ 1/2 hour at 375F.   They're now one of my favorite vegetables as long as they're roasted.

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah raw onion is ok, spring onions or red onions in a salad, white onions in a cheese and onion sandwich…

Absolutely **** disgusting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The onion is just a rather small world. 

Inside a slightly bigger world. Brings tears to my eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Something about the arrangement of letters in the Oasis thread always makes me think it says "Oasis: this is stir thread" when I glance at it

On 08/01/2024 at 11:48, GlobalVillan said:

Im in an English pub in Thailand getting a roast right now. 

image.png.dad459df591e6f0fb3a43aef3435348e.png

• Like 2

On 08/01/2024 at 18:18, Xela said:

My favourite veg is non green:

Sweetcorn, carrots and parsnips. 

I love it when sweetcorn and peas are mixed together. The perfect combination of textures and flavours. 

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s difficult to beat a genuinely fresh tight cauliflower.

🍆

Edited by sidcow

Â