Top 3 Places You Have Been

donnie

Khao San Road is worth a visit (possibly the best street food I had in Asia there), didn't go out out there but stayed in a hotel on the road itself and sat at one of the street bars. Was on my own and had just been travelling for 36 hours so just wanted to sleep really. Moved on to the Silom district after a couple of nights though, there's a nice park where I spent my days and just went out drinking on the nights (watched us lose to Liverpool thanks to a penalty given away by Nathan Baker one of the nights). I reckon BKK would be alright in a group but I was happy to be moving on when I did on my own.

1. Vienna: Just a beautiful city with so much to do and see. I stayed in a hostel right by the Rapid Vienna ground and we S-Bahned it in to the centre every day. We just got balls deep in the place and got invited to strange and wonderful things. Slight minor point was that it's a tad pricey.

2. Berlin: I lived here for around 5 months and loved every minute. The under ground bars and cinemas, the girls and the cheap beer in the supermarket. People were friendly and polite and excused my poor German. Getting in at 6am was a common occurrence. People would invite you back for house parties and general fun. There was also a bar there which you entered through a cupboard. I'll live there again.

3. İstanbul: I've been here for 4 years and haven't got tired of it. Especially the Asian side, where you'll find me on Bar Street, in Kadıköy, most nights. You can do the whole sightseeing thing in a day and then call me up to show you the real istanbul. From the tranny bars and the roof top reggae clubs of Taksim to the street drinking craziness of Kadıköy, at night. The girls are stunning aswell and you can always tag along with people to a hidden bar or a secret gig. Amazing place.

Also a tip o' the cap to Plovdiv and Sofia in Bulgaria.

I've been to quite a few places in Asia, spent sometime in Beijing and Wudangshan studying martial arts. Had 'holiday' times in places like Hong Kong, Hainan Island, Shanghai.

I went to Sri Lanka and the Maldives for three weeks on Honeymoon and SL was a beautiful country which I would really recommend.

I'd say HK, Wudangshan and SL are my favourites.

Really hard to put into a list but three great places I've been:

Barcelona - So much to do here, such a vibrant fun place.

Huangshan Mountains China - A decent but relatively easy hike but has some amazing views.

Cape Town - table mountain is lovely and the city itself seemed pretty vibrant (went with family so didn't see nightlife)

1. Tiya Stelae Field World Heritage site in Ethiopia.

2. Uluru (Ayers Rock)

3. Artificial Islands, Langa Langa Lagoon, Malaita, Solomon Islands.

It's hard to pick a definitive top 3, but after doing a bit of travelling recently, Brussels really deserves a shout out. I hadn't really heard much about the place beforehand, as I didn't know anybody who'd been. It was the first stop on the trip and I just didn't really know what to expect and we arrived late, so it was late evening by the time we went out and explored. Walking into the Grand Place at night time was simply astonishing and completely took me by surprise. Brilliant city.

Huangshan Mountains China - A decent but relatively easy hike but has some amazing views.

Cape Town - table mountain is lovely and the city itself seemed pretty vibrant (went with family so didn't see nightlife)

I am in Cape Town writing this, sky very blue, sun shining and it just re-affirms what a great place it is.

I am in Cape Town writing this, sky very blue, sun shining and it just re-affirms what a great place it is.

you were moaning about the rain the other day  :P

you were moaning about the rain the other day  :P

That's in Joburg - basically its British weather up there at the moment

1) Austin, Texas. I will move here one day and never leave. Lived here for a year and was heartbroken when I had to leave. I fell in love with the people, the music, the food, the weather, everything.

2) London, UK. I am not a natural London boy but I have lived here for a couple of years and I bloody love it. It has the ability to piss you off royaly sometimes but there is no better city on earth for culture, nightlife, museums, events, theatre, food, drink, sport, etc etc etc. Sure it's busy and you do get worked to death if you live here, but if you leave you miss the energy and can't wait to go back. Something is ALWAYS happening and it's often easy to overlook how amazing it is as a city just because it's our own capital.

3) Oslo, Norway. Women. Women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women women. Once you go Norwegian you just can't go back! Everyone in Norway is gorgeous, fun, friendly, the language is lovely, I love cold climates if it's PROPER cold like Norway, the countryside is beautiful and when it comes to how a country is run it doesn't get much better than here.

Damn, you don`t know much about Norway do you? It`s not run that well, we still have corrupt and laughable rules here as well. Oslo has also turned into a mess in the later years. I would have believed you if you said somewhere else but not the capital :P For the women, it`s pretty much the same as Denmark and Sweden but yes, there is a lot of pretty girls here though it`s like other countries, the ones that are really attractive can be very...blonde.

Glad you like it but it seems strange to be honest.

1) California, I was all over the place but man there was some great places there, San fran was fantastic as well. They literally have everything and I met a lot of nice people there. I bet New York would be even better but I have never been. Vegas was a blast but that is Nevada so that doesn`t count.

2) Denmark. Too many places to list, it`s just really nice and friendly.

3) England. Once again, not sure what to list. I have been so many times to visit there since I was a kid I don`t even remember all the places. Always love it. Guess it might be because of that, but as long as I enjoy it then that is what matters. Last visit was Birmingham, surprisingly good amount of cute asian girls that you could see around, not bad :)

I have been a lot of places, specially in Europe but many of the more popular tourist countries don`t give me that feeling off "I have to get back here sometime". I want to visit Asia more though, I have only been in China and that sucked, really want to visit Korea and especially Japan.

Damn, you don`t know much about Norway do you? It`s not run that well, we still have corrupt and laughable rules here as well. Oslo has also turned into a mess in the later years. I would have believed you if you said somewhere else but not the capital :P For the women, it`s pretty much the same as Denmark and Sweden but yes, there is a lot of pretty girls here though it`s like other countries, the ones that are really attractive can be very...blonde.

Glad you like it but it seems strange to be honest.

thought the women were ok but I didn't really hit the town and see the slutty ones in the nightclubs so coudn't judge them fairly :)

But I really liked Oslo  ... the little Island with the Viking long-ships and Kon Tiki then back to port and the Noble museum ( was an exhibit about Afghanistan on when i went )  ... love the parliament building as well

keep promising to take my lad there for a weekend at some point as he'll love the Viking stuff

easily the best of the Scandi countries imo

Wow, that looks amazing darrenm. It's the place i've always thought i'd have my honeymoon if i ever settled down. Looks perfect. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1) Florence

Beautiful city. So much history and amazing architecture.

2) Boston (and all of New England)

Beautiful scenery. City is full of charm and history.

3) Tanzania

Amazing place. Stunningly beautiful and so far removed from my world it was incredible to experience

• Like 1

Â