Top 3 Places You Have Been

donnie

Rio De Janiero/Ihla Grande (Brazil) - Rio propelled itself to one of my all time favourite cities on a recent trip. Beaches, women, sightseeing, nightlife, food, drink...it had it all.

Laos - Stunning, mountainous country, amzginly friendly people, real sense of being away from the usual backpacker trail (with the exception of tubing at vang vieng...which in fairness was immense fun)

Basque Region (Spain) - Did the festival of San Fermin (Running with the Bulls) at Pamplona, loved San Sebastian and surfing at Biarritz was great.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

I'm sure I've probably mentioned this before, but many years ago I organised a boys trip out and one of the stop offs was San Sebastian.

When we got there they were less than friendly. They basically insisted we all get back on our bus and go somewhere else down the coast. People were coming out of their houses to say turn around and go away. A café owner refused to let us in. The car park guy would only let us through the barrier to have space to turn around and leave again.

Well, after a decent bit of arguing we turned the bus around and left with a pretty poor impression of the place.

Later that same day a visiting Spanish General was blown up in the same area of town.

So I guess, they were actually doing us a fairly almighty favour.

• 1 month later...

Oooo tough question.

Thailand-Went Bangkok and Koi Samui, yes its overrun with tourists but its still a fantastic destination, feels like a proper adventure, especially with a group of lads.

Barcelona- The city has everything you could ever want. La Ramblas is dodge but none the less a great city.

Isreal/Tel aviv - great nightlife, top food, one of the nicest beaches ive visited and all round nice country. Jeruselum is only a hour away to visit too.

considered but slightly missed out, Rio (Dangerous), Bali (was honeymoon so was expensive), Punjab (home away from home) and London!

• 3 weeks later...

i need to go to more places in the world.

Also, i think i might just stalk Tony for a few months and see where i end up, his travelling experiences sound out of this world.

3) Barcelona, Spain

2) Goa, India

1) California

with honourable mentions to New York, Sorrento, and Riga. 

Edited by ender4

Time to give this one another crack me thinks:

3) Lady Elliot Island - Australia. Teeming with wildlife such as sharks, turtles and dozens of manta rays. Gin clear waters and a strong dedication to conservation make this a uniquely amazing Island.

2) Maldives. Lives up to all of your expectations of Paradise, amazing little Islands unburdened by mediocrity.

1) South Island New Zealand. Difficult to do justice to this Island with words or pictures. Undoubtedly the most amazing place i've been, absolutely packed with adventure and awe.

• Like 2

Â