Midweek football 28/29 Jan

andykeenan

Netherlands: 20 of 34 games played. 

Ajax are two points clear of Chelsea. Twente are four points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. Feyenoord are a point behind Twente but have played the same number of games as Ajax and Chelsea. 

Fixed.

• Like 2

just seen sturridges pen  :huh:

awful, doesn't look good for the inevitable penalty shoot out in the summer

Who was it that said that wasn't a penalty by the way?

It was stonewall, as they say.

just seen sturridges pen  :huh:

awful, doesn't look good for the inevitable penalty shoot out in the summer

Who was it that said that wasn't a penalty by the way?

It was stonewall, as they say.

probably Alan Shearer ;)

• Like 1

I notice Mourinho was being his usual gracious self in his post match comments.

from the man who put 11 men behind the ball at Camp Nou you would expect a better reaction

He did the same at Old Trafford at the start of this season. Complaining about West Ham doing it to him is a bit like Graham Norton complaining that something is a bit too gay, isn't it? 

I notice Mourinho was being his usual gracious self in his post match comments.

from the man who put 11 men behind the ball at Camp Nou you would expect a better reaction

He did the same at Old Trafford at the start of this season. Complaining about West Ham doing it to him is a bit like Graham Norton complaining that something is a bit too gay, isn't it? 

And even if Chelsea always played amazing football, the argument still doesn't hold up.

Should West Ham come and play in the style of Barcelona but get battered? Or should the "park the bus" and get a point?

The answer is obvious.

Jose should be asking himself why a team worth the amount of money that his team is worth, can't score a goal when they have 39 shots.

• Like 1

Mourinho is the best tactician in the league, if not Europe. He is IMO an expert at playing the opposition, unlike many managers who just put out the best team and try to play better than the other. Sometimes, especially in tough games and in the Champions League, you have to play the other team and ruin their flow. Looking at Mourinho's record at Stamford Bridge and against top teams you know he got something special indeed.

However, the criticism of West Ham and Allardyce is totally contradicting. It reminds a lot of Wenger when Arsenal were actually the best team in the league some 10 years ago, when he slammed Fulham for going defensive to win a point. "They aren't trying to win the game". Well, if they tried to win the game they could lose 6-0. That's how good Arsenal and Chelsea can be when they get room to exploit. When at 0-0, all it takes is a lucky bounce or a set-piece to score a goal. If they tried to bring players forward and score a goal from open play, there's a 95% chance of Arsenal/Chelsea scoring at least a couple on the counter.

Well done West Ham - and Chelsea seriously need a new striker to compete at the top come May... It's not as fun watching Chelsea as City, Arsenal, Liverpool or even Man U when they have Rooney/Van Persie available. Too static and too reliant on Hazard, none of their players are as good as Mata when it comes to playing short passes in front of the box.

Oh and Tim Sherwood, good luck on keeping your job after the summer. They are destined for 6th or 7th, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Haha I don't particularly like Sam Allardyce, he is often moaning about referees and not having any money (well, tough shit bro), but that was actually pretty legendary!

Mourinho has toned down a bit this season, maybe it's because he knows his team isn't anywhere near City in terms of cohesion and strength, but he comes out every once in a while with stupid nonsense. I was annoyed by the way he spoke after our game at Stamford Bridge, even after winning he couldn't give us any credit and talked down every decision. I guess I don't have to remind any of you about that day, but for those who missed it we should have been 11 vs. 10, then the said player scored on a free-kick and we weren't given a clear penalty at the end.

Been ridiculous our games in the last 4-5 seasons against Chelsea, so many decisions gone against us. I still think back to 09/10, obviously everyone remembers Gabby being hauled down in the penalty area at 0-0 in the cup semi, I also remember the VP game the same season (we actually won that 2-1) when Gabby was hacked down in the penalty area by Bosingwa, nothing was given and Chelsea went down the other end and scored.

If there's one team we're due a decision or two against it's Chelsea, would love us to turn them over in March with a dodgy penalty or something. Think Villa Park is the only premier league ground Mourinho has visited more than once and has yet to win on.

Â