Midweek football 28/29 Jan

andykeenan

Loïc Remy (Newcastle United) is shown the red card for fighting.

Bradley Johnson (Norwich City) is shown the red card for fighting.

Handbags?

BBC

RED CARD Norwich 0-0 Newcastle - Bradley Johnson

Three red cards in a minute then! Loic Remy and Bradley Johnson have a flare-up, they both push each other and then Remy goes in with his head. Johnson goes down theatrically, but referee Chris Foy decides to send them both off.

And it was so quick, that's why no Everton players are complaining. I don't blame the ref for giving it, I blame the players for so blatantly cheating.

There is absolutely no chance you'd be calling it cheating if Gabby was flying through on goal and the keeper rushed out and dived in tripping Gabby on his way through. 

But the keeper didn't trip Stirling. I don't understand what you're missing here?

And it was so quick, that's why no Everton players are complaining. I don't blame the ref for giving it, I blame the players for so blatantly cheating.

There is absolutely no chance you'd be calling it cheating if Gabby was flying through on goal and the keeper rushed out and dived in tripping Gabby on his way through. 

But the keeper didn't trip Stirling. I don't understand what you're missing here?

How can you be so sure of that? If you are running flat out and someone dives at your feet it doesn't take much to throw you off your stride. 

How can you be so sure of that? If you are running flat out and someone dives at your feet it doesn't take much to throw you off your stride. 

Stirling saw Howard running at him.

Stirling threw himself to the ground before Howard got there. It's like he went to hurdle him then didn't attempt to put his leg down.

Ensured the 'contact'.

He didn't 'trip' him.

It was just 'clever play' by the forward and you can 100% see why it's been given but he's so clearly thrown himself to the floor.

However, it won't be debated because this cheating is commonplace now and they missed it anyway.

I hate that 'if it was Gabby argument'. Obviously I'd be thrilled that we won a penalty, but I'd be chuckling to myself because it clearly wasn't one.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

As much as i hate Liverpool fair play they do some nice stuff

They counter attack like we do but its all along the ground none of the hoof stuff we do down the channels

They also build from the back and wait patiently for space to open

Guess it just shows what a difference having a quality midfield has with creativity in abundance

Edited by AshVilla

As much as i hate Liverpool fair play they do some nice stuff

They counter attack like we do but its all along the ground none of the hoof stuff we do down the channels

They also build from the back and wait patiently for space to open

Guess it just shows what a difference having a quality midfield has with creativity in abundance

A couple of the goals today were straight balls over the top and they didn't have all that much patient build up from the back, Everton had comfortably more possession then them even though it was at Anfield. 

They have better players than us because they shop at a different level to us but I don't think you can dismiss some of our counter attacking wins so easily. 

Â