Grant Holt

samjp26

Nice to see him getting the praise he deserves.

Just goes to show that you should give all players a chance before blindly criticising them.

The alarm will go off - you'll wake up and stop dreaming - there's not a chance in hell for that to happen you know that don't you? As much chance of that happening as there is of BJ10 saying something nice about Lerner - diddly squat ;) - but I do agree - it's a habit that's hard to break for many1

I think a lot of Villa fans are extremely hard to please when it comes to strikers. Benteke was written off and being compared to Heskey within weeks of signing, Kozak still gets a tremendous amount of shit despite showing that he's a decent player and scoring goals and Holt got a lot of nasty vitriol right up until Saturday, even though he cost peanuts, will only be here until the summer and is only playing for us because of our shit luck with injuries this season.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I was happy for Grant on Saturday given the disgusting abuse he has received from a few people (who should not be called Villa supporters), well deserved big man.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I was critical of Holt (without being abusive) because he was so poor in the matches prior to Fulham. I wouldn't have played him against Fulham so I was surprised that he gave a good account of himself. Happy to be wrong in this case.

You're very quick to say that people aren't Villa supporters

I think most people would agree that sort of vileness is reserved for opposition supporters, not for one of their own players. It is disappointing that some individuals have abused a player who is only at the club to provide short term cover, I wish to be disassociated with these people and their disgusting views. 

Let's see how he does for the rest of the season maybe? Heskey scoring on his debut led to a lot of similarly daft "told you so" comments.

People wouldn't use such comments if he wasn't abused in the first place

• Like 1

Holt was awful in all previous games and did well against fulham. I don't remember too many showing this attitude towards McLeish after a good result.

That is a strange comparison.

• Like 3

You're very quick to say that people aren't Villa supporters

I think most people would agree that sort of vileness is reserved for opposition supporters, not for one of their own players. It is disappointing that some individuals have abused a player who is only at the club to provide short term cover, I wish to be disassociated with these people and their disgusting views.

So are there any other rules we need to follow to be considered "real fans"? Good to see we got someone who see him self as a bit better and a righteous enough to decide whos a real fan or not.

So are there any other rules we need to follow to be considered "real fans"? Good to see we got someone who see him self as a bit better and a righteous enough to decide whos a real fan or not. 

Am I not allowed to have an opinion on the personal abuse? Maybe I should just keep quiet and accept Villa players being unjustly abused? You might accept vile behaviour like that son, but I am certainly not going to. I do not consider posters, who personally abuse their own players on non-footballing reasons, as supporters. It is totally wrong.

Please keep abusive thoughts to yourself, I (and many others) don't wish to read them. Maybe, oh I don't know, you could then try to produce an objective argument instead.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Â