Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

They are making it public now to save face with their fans when they accept our bid imo.  At least this way they can blame the player and say there was no point keeping him when he wanted to leave and they received a suitable offer depending on us stumping up an acceptable offer of course.

• Like 2

Yawn, either try to get him properly or move on.

Getting him properly would mean us having to spend stupid money on him

Its about time we played hardball with clubs for a change and get other players on the cheap by forcing their hands

Sick of other clubs doing it to us over the years

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Hoolahan released his own statement to Sky Sports, reiterating his desire to leave the club.

"Following a meeting with the club chief executive, I felt I had no option but to hand in transfer request, I have noted that request has been turned down - however I believe it is in the best interest of Norwich, for whom I have the greatest respect, and myself that I am allowed to move on and play my football elsewhere."

Edited by Bunnski

Fair play to him for going to sky with his own statement, he really is doing everything he can to push this through.  Norwich showing themselves to be a small time bitter club if they don't even listen to our offer.

• Like 1

Interesting to see how Narwich handle this. They have taken a tough stance, made the transfer request public and signed a replacement on loan.

So, do they keep him warming him warming the bench until at least the summer (keeping the hard line, but costing them cash) or sell him to us, on our terms, and look soft as shit, but still probably try to spin it as it being what they wanted all along.

One thing is for sure, if we do sign him, he fee will be undisclosed.

Seriously pathetic from Norwich this, the bloke isn't starting games for them, and rarely gets off the bench either

from looking at the Norwich forums they seem to rate him and dislike Houghton for not playing him

Is hoolahan that good? No probably not, but as I said the Norwich fans really do rate him, although im not sure if that's because he plays with his feet, they are a bit behind the times in Norwich, usually football over there ends when the player picks up the ball and gets to the nearest church steaple.

Â