Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Sunderland spend most of the time tippy tapping around the back four.... that's not really meaningful possession.............

unfortunately we back off in the final third and invite them onto us and the longer they have possession the more of our attack comes back to defend and we instantly lose any outlet when we get possession. **** me it's not rocket science is it...........

We should be 2 or 3 up. Benteke should of played Weimann in earlier. We will probably regret that when/if Sunderland score.  Poor Luna looks atrocious. Benteke is holding the ball up well but we need to get him closer to their goal. Gabby looking great.

Cmon Villa lets grind it out

• Like 1

I dont get comments about us being shit ? Winning away from home is never shit.  Sunderland were bouyed by their comback at the weekend.  We have 2 players just back from injury, and have created chances and looked dangerous.  Vlaar has been a rock at the back and we are pressing well.  Guzan hasn't had to make a difficult save.

Why is that shit ?

They have had more possession (yawn) and have looked dangerous a couple of times.  At worst it is honours even.

Yes but we can't pass the ball. We keep on giving them the ball straight back. 

I agree they have had more of the ball.  That doesn't mean we are shit !!! Had we had it another 5 minutes would that mean we were not shit ?  Too preoccupied with what is just a number.

We should be 2 or 3 up. Benteke should of played Weimann in earlier. We will probably regret that when/if Sunderland score.  Poor Luna looks atrocious. Benteke is holding the ball up well but we need to get him closer to their goal. Gabby looking great.

Cmon Villa lets grind it out

I agree all this talk about Sunderland having all the possesion is misleading. We have had some really good moments first half. We should have scored more than 1

Sunderland spend most of the time tippy tapping around the back four.... that's not really meaningful possession.............

unfortunately we back off in the final third and invite them onto us and the longer they have possession the more of our attack comes back to defend and we instantly lose any outlet when we get possession. **** me it's not rocket science is it...........

no its not. it happens in most games and possession is usually 60-40. Our lack of ability to pass hold the ball or lack of ball winning is what makes our possession under 30%

We've given Sunderland too many chances but we have carved them open which is good.

We're so much better going forward with Benteke in the team.

Also Weimann, christ what a bag of smeg, sub him off.

at one point he managed to trip over his own feet to give possession away, impressive