Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Well anyway unfortunately as fans theres only a limited amount we can do. Considering this is the team we have , and the situation we're in (for the meantime) all we can do is verbally kick these boys up the arse and hope to motivate them. I like to think if we're fecking loud enough they might at least put in a good shift to win for us. Voice your opinions by all means but don't put down the lads we want to win for our club in front of them. If I'm at work and customers are coming in moaning, i don't feel I'm being backed and none wants me to achieve then id probably have a shit day. Hopefully they give us something to sing about because i know theres no way the fans at VP are gunna sing and get nothing back for 90 minutes.

But you get the message.

Edited by tomh621

One things for sure we lose the next 2 and Lambert will most certainly be out. Massive game on Saturday as if we lose that the reaction at the end will not be pleasant.

No disrespect mark, but why should we be deciding the future of our manager on 2 games..... we either value what he is doing or we don't.

I agree we shouldn't. However clearly there comes a tipping point for any owner. I would imagine if we lose the next 2 that would be 6 defeats on the spin, 4 against very poor opposition, then Lerner would act.

The reaction at the end of the game today was only worse in recent times under McLeish against Bolton and Houllier against Wolves. I dread to think what the reaction will be if we lose again on Saturday.

You get a new manager and things are said or actions are witnessed that give information to you that make you form opinions of them....and then something is said or done that influence you to change your mind.

up until Martin O'Neill addressed the Moscow fans in the Holte Suite and basically offered an apology ( with reluctance)that he wasn't ever going to offer again, I was a fan of his, then I started looking objectively at the over zealous approach to sub standard players at inflated prices that has sent this club back years along with a bunch of other managers that have managed to join in Houllier & McLeish and thought wow hold on a minute.

Then we employ another manager who comes out with " i played under Martin O'Neill and still call him the gaffer"  " I call him from time to time to ask for advice"   are your **** serious.... he has just sent our club back years with his inept transfer dealings and you are calling him for advice....its like Rolf Harris calling Gary Glitter for a bit of advice.

This club needs a visit from the men in "little white coats"

we all live in hope that you have to see the best in people....OMG

• Like 2

We are in a similar table / points position to this time last year.

We have been unlucky with injuries to key players but these players are hopeful to return soon (exception being Jores) so we would hope that results will also improve.

The wage bill is reduced already and come summer time it will be even better.

This is what RL will be looking at. He's not interested in how badly we play and he's not personally affected by the boos from the fans.

We can see by the style of play and the body language of the players that we are in big trouble but RL probably isn't watching.

The worry is that RL is probably looking at where we are as 'on track' = good job Paul, carry on and it seems like you don't need any more money.

For me, it's a difficult question to answer without all the facts available.

Did Lerner give Lambert reasonable funds, and it's Lambert's fault that he brought in players we didn't need? Tonev was bought, though we rarely use wingers. Kozak was bought, though we already had Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Helenius, Bowery and Delfouneso.

However, with the 4-3-3 that we were opting for, was it sensible to have more options up top?

Should Lambert have spent more money on fewer players? Should he have just brought in Luna, Okore, a central midfielder and an attacking central midfielder?

Or is it Lerner's fault? Has he continued the cost-cutting much further than reasonable?

We've been cost-cutting since we had John Carew in our squad. Should Lerner be putting more money in, and should he just shoulder the blame for taking a loss on many, many players that he sanctioned previous managers to buy?

I honestly don't know.

I like Lambert, and he proved last year that he CAN get us playing good football and winning games. Will sacking him result in another manager having the exact same problems?

Additionally, if Vlaar, Okore, N'Zogbia and Benteke were fit, would we have lost the last few games?

At the moment, I'm more inclined to blame Lerner than Lambert.

• Like 1

Do you think Lambert is still awake?

Well if he has been watching any video reruns of the shite his teams serve up then there is a strong possibility that he will be asleep until next Christmas

And still a few deluded people think he is good. Totally out if his depth - time for a change .

Are you completely incapable of making a post on Lambert without taking shots at other people?

What a strange post, did I hit a nerve? - The fact that I explained the reasoning behind the post and the fact that many others refer to those deluded few that still cling on to the hope that Lambert will become this "wonderful" manager seems to have been totally ignored by you. Plus the irony of you posting about a poster (albeit against VT rules) is actually quite funny.

Maybe you can explain then why this band of a few now still cling on to the forlorn hope that Lambert will turn things around? What are they seeing that now seemingly the majority don't ?

Edit: I did laugh at the two people who "liked" your post also :)

• Like 2

AVFC Problems: 

Lerner & Faulkner > Wont put enough £££'s in club to compete > Lamberts on a budget > Buys lots of poor cheap players instead of 1/2 half decent players > Creates a poor/average squad > Too young to mentally handle losing > Poor tactics. 

Each negative has an impact on something else. For the club to get back to where we were, getting rid of Lambert probably wont be the immediate fix. Start from the top then work the way down. New owners > Better manager > Better players.

Edited by JayDeePee
  • Like 1

AVFC Problems: 

Each negative has an impact on something else. For the club to get back to where we were, getting rid of Lambert probably wont be the immediate fix. Start from the top then work the way down. New owners > Better manager > Better players.

Genius! Why have we not thought of that!

AVFC Problems: 

Genius! Why have we not thought of that!

I'm not trying to make it out that I'm the only person that has thought this is the solution, I'm just reading what some other people are saying who cant see the bigger picture. Plain and simply, the manager is not the SOLE problem is what I'm saying...

• Like 1