Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Money or no money that Palace team has a lot less quality than ours does and they are still able to play with some shape and pass the ball, move for each other. All of that is down to Lambert and his staff, no blame on Lerner for the style we play. I cant forgive Lambert for serving up that shit, its unacceptable. If Pulis can get Palace looking decent then there is no excuse.

The only games we've won is where we've been extremely lucky.

This just isn't true. Arsenal and Norwich were lucky, I'll give you that. Both those sides had more than enough chances. But villa were unlucky against everton, Liverpool, and west ham. The wins against city and Southampton were deserved because they had tons if possession but few chances. Villa have also had worse luck with injury than many sides around them.

Yet Crystal Palace have far more injuries then us currently...

Money or no money that Palace team has a lot less quality than ours does and they are still able to play with some shape and pass the ball, move for each other. All of that is down to Lambert and his staff, no blame on Lerner for the style we play. I cant forgive Lambert for serving up that shit, its unacceptable. If Pulis can get Palace looking decent then there is no excuse.

Villa had what, twice as much possession? When villa put on a very similar performance at Norwich to palace today, many on here were concerned.

The only games we've won is where we've been extremely lucky.

This just isn't true. Arsenal and Norwich were lucky, I'll give you that. Both those sides had more than enough chances. But villa were unlucky against everton, Liverpool, and west ham. The wins against city and Southampton were deserved because they had tons if possession but few chances. Villa have also had worse luck with injury than many sides around them.

I must be on another planet. Thought we played well against Arsenal and Norwich was a just about deserved win. Southampton and Man City we were very lucky, wasteful against Everton and didn't deserve anymore than what happened v Liverpool or WHU.

Here's a question then. Why have we seem no progress from these players in the last season and a half. Players are supposed to get better yeah. Obviously Lambert saw something in them so to purchase so many, so where is the improvement. These players should be heading towards the top of there game after a season and half. But they look worse!

Please stop with this no money bullshit

He has spent over 40 million in two years.

He has been given money and wasted it.

Give somebody else 40million

It's a shame randy has given 160million to Mon and Mon v2 . Hate to say it but big eco would have spent it better

Here's a question then. Why have we seem no progress from these players in the last season and a half. Players are supposed to get better yeah. Obviously Lambert saw something in them so to purchase so many, so where is the improvement. These players should be heading towards the top of there game after a season and half. But they look worse!

There's no improvement because they're not good enough and clearly the standard of coaching they get isn't good enough either.

Villa had what, twice as much possession? When villa put on a very similar performance at Norwich to palace today, many on here were concerned.

The reason people are concerned is that we're playing atrocious football, and are now regularly getting beaten by the other bottom half teams.  The manager has assembled an atrocious squad, who he is unable to coach into a coherent unit.  He's clueless how to turn things round, and just keeps repeating the mantra "we go again", as if time alone will cure the ills of the club.

• Like 2

Sadly I think the tide has turned for Lambert.

I've been a doubter, then a convert and now a doubter.  I recognise that finances have been tight and we've been shopping in Poundland but regardless, he's presided over some of the worst performances I've seen from a Villa team (e.g. Bradford over 2 legs, Crystal Palace today) and these aren't one offs.  We;ve scored six YES, SIX goals at home this season and one of those games we scored 3 in!

I'm sorry, but he's got to go. 

• Like 1

17, 18 and 19 year olds get better.

But our young players are not young any more. They are 22, 23 and 24 years old. They will not get better just because of their age. They will get better if they are developed by the coach team and the manager.

That is my worry now: Why can not Lambert improve the "young and hungry" players that has bought into his ideas? With the bomb squad out, why aren't the players giving their blood, sweat and tears for Lambert's cause? Why do we not see the hunger anymore?

Edited by DeepDish

Please stop with this no money bullshit

He has spent over 40 million in two years.

He has been given money and wasted it.

Give somebody else 40million

It's a shame randy has given 160million to Mon and Mon v2 . Hate to say it but big eco would have spent it better

stop embarrassing yourself

Like the manager think he will do a great job for us. My opinion, won't call anyone deluded for having a different opinion than me

And what about the job he's currently doing?

it's a project john, no one said it would be done within 18 months we're in the middle of a transition here. If it was so easy as to be done within 18 months then you or I could be a premier manager

Transition to what?

Embarrassing Richard.

• Like 1

Villas-Boas's Chelsea signings

Juan Mata, Valencia £23.5m
Romelu Lukaku, Anderlecht £20m
Raul Meireles, Liverpool £12m
Thibaut Courtois, Racing Genk, undisclosed fee reported to be £7.9m
Gary Cahill, Bolton , £7m
Kevin De Bruyne, Genk, £6.7m
Oriol Romeu, Barcelona £4.35m
Ulises Davila, Guadalajara, undisclosed fee reported to be £1.75m
Patrick Bamford, Nottingham Forest, undisclosed fee reported to be £1.5m

So people on here wouldn't like to see Romeu, De Bruyne, Courtois or Lukaku...  Romeu, KDB and Courtois all cost less combined than 6/7 of Lamberts Hasbeens and are of HIGHER quality...

As others have said AVB brought the players above at Chelsea BUT at Spurs Baldini spent that 100mil or so NOT AVB.. They was Baldini's signings on recommendations
Edited by Villan4Life

I suppose even in the emperors new clothes after a period of time the masses realised they were being duped. It's obvious that some still maintain he is a good manager despite the reality proving them to be wrong , I suppose that is more about trying in a forlorn way to score a point or two on VT rather than any sort of reality.

He is out of his depth at villa he does not deserve to manage us . One day there will be a few voices claiming he is still one of the leading managers only to suddenly realise they are wrong

• Like 1

Look, unless there's another manager that can keep us up with this squad we need to keep Lambert until the end of the end of the season. Otherwise I think our best chance I'd survival is keeping him where he is. He knows the squad and players and although right now I'm doubting he can progress us, I think he can keep us up before stepping aside.

• Like 1

Like the manager think he will do a great job for us. My opinion, won't call anyone deluded for having a different opinion than me

And what about the job he's currently doing?

it's a project john, no one said it would be done within 18 months we're in the middle of a transition here. If it was so easy as to be done within 18 months then you or I could be a premier manager

Answer the question.

Are you happy with the job he's doing NOW? After bringing in several players in the summer, where is the progress? Are you happy with three games at home without a home goal? 

Look, unless there's another manager that can keep us up with this squad we need to keep Lambert until the end of the end of the season. Otherwise I think our best chance I'd survival is keeping him where he is. He knows the squad and players and although right now I'm doubting he can progress us, I think he can keep us up before stepping aside.

How does that work? Are we suppose to hire a clairvoyant to tell us which manager will definitely keep us up before we hire them? There is no guarentee that any manager will keep us up any more then there is any guarentee that a new manager will have us finishing safely mid-table.

What we do know is that we are not progressing under Lambert and he has been here for 18 months.