Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

StefanAVFC

Swansea is basically a Championship side, but we make them look like Barca.

Lambert out.

No they're not. We're a Championship side if anything.

Sure, we're a Championship side too. Swansea lose today *and fingers crossed they will* with the games they have coming up, I recon they could be well in the relegation scrap come end of next month.

We lose and so will we likely. It's that tight in the lower half.

Edited by Villain4Life

We score and goal, and we are on the front foot/ What do we do? Drop midfield and defense 30 yards from goal, and just let them have the ball.

It was only a matter of time before they score, and I expect the same goes for the second half.

Lowton has showed me once again why Herd should of played in his place. Poor defender, and Luna is no better.

And because of that every second ball is 'won' by swansea, I use the word won loosely because every clearance goes straight to a whiteshirt as all our lot are still on tthe 18 yard box. Dreadful.

Luna and Tonev must be one of the worst left-sides we've ever had, they're both a shambles.

You're not wrong - and I remember Bernie Gallacher.

They are THE worst left side!

Watch how we're defending though. Whichever side they have the ball, our full back on the opposite side comes in and makes a central three. Shite coaching at its best!

I dont know about the team being shit. We saw what they did at the end of last season and at the start of this season. They are decent players. Lowton and Westwood were great last year. Same with Wiemann and Benteke. So what has changed? Confidence low? Why? They started the season well.

Something doesnt add up.

• Like 1

I think either Bacuna or Tonev have to come off - 2 up top and 2 wide men is a luxury we cannot afford with this midfield. Westwood & Delph cannot hold it.

Bring off Bacuna, stick on Sylla. Get hold of the sodding ball and press them when they have it (we actually did this effectively for 8 minutes).

I dont agree the players are shite.  Individually the majority are Prem Players.

We seem to have exactly the same problem that afflicts the England side where players like Gerrard who can clearly pass a ball end up defending too deep and hoofing the ball as soon as they get it.

There must be a cause - I dont beleive PL wants them to play like that (although he may be preferring a version of getting the ball forward quickly and not dwelling on it in our half) and I can only put it down to confidence and belief.  If that really has gone we will be in trouble.

I dont know about the team being shit. We saw what they did at the end of last season and at the start of this season. They are decent players. Lowton and Westwood were great last year. Same with Wiemann and Benteke. So what has changed? Confidence low? Why? They started the season well.

Something doesnt add up.

Benteke got injured and lost interest.

• Like 1

Shocked by how poor we have been. The reason the ball is being played long every time is that both Gabby and Weimann are running the channels, one of them needs to go long or run the channel and the other one needs to come short for the ball into feet (like Weimann did on the goal), then it at least gives Delph an Westwood an option other than the long ball.

I don't think we need to make a sub immediately, I think we just need to play one striker on the shoulder and one striker in the hole, and it will stretch their defence, both strikers so far forward is giving us no options.

The only positive is that every player is putting in a shift - which to be fair is the very least they should do. I genuinely expect a much better second half.

Something doesnt add up.

Maybe they just surprised teams last year and were playing above their level.

Edited by AVFCforever1991