The R word

villanwesty88

So hoping for a Cardiff draw, Fulham draw and a Norwich loss. 

Then we're safe right? 

I'm going somewhere away from everyone at 3pm - 5pm next Saturday turning my phone off and come home to hopefully Premier League safety.

I'm going somewhere away too, unfortunately it's Villa Park :lol:

Sick, hopefully we win and don't have to rely on anyone else, but the tension will be too much for me to bear.

Best avoid this thread until next saturday evening. I'm an optimist and I'm very confident we'll be fine but a quick glance at some of the posts on here is enough to make you want to take valium.

Even if we don't get another point I seriously doubt Naarich, Fulham and Cardiff will pick up sufficient points or overcome the goal difference to overtake us.

Time to relax and focus all energies on supporting the team on saturday rather than worrying over things that may not happen.

If results go against us on saturday then maybe that's the time to call the Samaritans.

• Like 2

Something your forgetting about Stoke is who their manager is? The one who has a bit of history with Fulham.

Very true! Luckily the manager of Hull has no history whatsoever with Aston Villa.

Oh, wait...! :(

Tbh guys I don't think the history of managers really matters. Every team will go out for a win but some will want it more. Hull and Stoke are safe so subconsciously it is easy for them to switch off a bit and not really be up for a 'battle'. On the other hand they can play with freedom and confidence knowing the result won't really matter so much.

Teams who can still go down are desperate for a win but at the same time nervous as hell. Plus they are down their for a reason,I.e. they're are shit.

Anything can happen but at the moment it's still in our own hands and we'd also need a lot of unlikely results around us to go down.

I think we will be safe by the end of next weekend.

• Like 1

Something your forgetting about Stoke is who their manager is? The one who has a bit of history with Fulham.

Very true! Luckily the manager of Hull has no history whatsoever with Aston Villa.

Oh, wait...! :(

Well that won't matter if Hughes does his job ;)

Is it fair to say if Fulham draw their next game we are as good as safe? No way are Norwich getting a win from their next 2.

Most likely, yes. Norwich also need a win and a draw to overtake us, given their goal difference.

I am trying to think of a bet that I could make as a consolation if things don't go our way at the weekend... I thought about a Fulham win/ Cardiff win/ norwich drawn or win multi but I guess if only one of those three things comes in then both me and Villa lose out..answers on a postcard....

Let's just try and beat Hull on saturday. They are safe and hopefully will want to stay fresh for the Cup Final.

But Hull are not mathematically safe so Steve Bruce won't be telling his players to take it easy.

Let's just try and beat Hull on saturday. They are safe and hopefully will want to stay fresh for the Cup Final.

But Hull are not mathematically safe so Steve Bruce won't be telling his players to take it easy.

Hull are safe  IMO. If you take Norwich and Cardiff as down. Fulham can only reach 37 and their goal difference is atrocious.