Who is going down...

tonyh29

BkD0xZBCQAAOb6K.png

Sunderland match after Tottenham looks hard...it'll be hard to beat everyon(e)

Potential 3 points at home against the unknowns of 'Cradiff' I'd have thought though?

• Like 2

BkD0xZBCQAAOb6K.png

Sunderland match after Tottenham looks hard...it'll be hard to beat everyon(e)

Potential 3 points at home against the unknowns of 'Cradiff' I'd have thought though?

I reckon they will batter Everyon as well. Maybe they are not doomed after all

I don't think anybody is relegated just yet, you never know. Imagine if Fulham manage beat us on the weekend then they could be right back in it depending on other results and they have some fixtures they might fancy themselves get something from.

Cardiff too could still have a chance I still wouldn't be surprised if one of them managed a little escape like Wigan a few years back.

If anyone is getting out of it looking at the fixtures it would be Fulham, big weekend for them

Yep they have their easiest fixture of the season coming up.  Must win for them.

Espnfcs soccer power index, which isn't perfect but is pretty decent at projections, had each of the bottom three above a 70% chance of going down. Seems pretty likely

I concur with the learned folks from Bristol.

Fulham: 93.4%

Cardiff: 86.4%

Sunderland: 74.9%

Norwich: 21.5%

West Brom: 13.9%

Palace: 8.7%

Hull: 0.7%

Swansea: 0.3%

Villa: 0.2%

The 0.2% probability with 7 games to play indicates 1-2 points from safety, I reckon. If you figure that over each of our remaining games we'll be 60% to lose, that's a 2.8% chance that we finish on the same points as we're on now.

We'll get five or six points out of the remaining games. Given who we are, we're probably more likely to do it against Man City and Tottenham than Fulham or Hull, but we'll manage it somehow. Don't know how anyone could want Albion to go down - one of the few teams we nearly always take points off! Especially given how gutted they must be we came back from two goals down each time. Think they're in real trouble after the events of the weekend though. 

Also, got to assume that Norwich go down if they don't win this weekend. 

We'll get five or six points out of the remaining games. Given who we are, we're probably more likely to do it against Man City and Tottenham than Fulham or Hull, but we'll manage it somehow. Don't know how anyone could want Albion to go down - one of the few teams we nearly always take points off! Especially given how gutted they must be we came back from two goals down each time. Think they're in real trouble after the events of the weekend though. 

Also, got to assume that Norwich go down if they don't win this weekend. 

Yeah but those 5 points we took off them could prove to be what sends them down - I rather like the thought of us being a key part of their relegation.

Edited by Mantis

According to this Daily Mail article, Sunderland fielded an ineligible player (Ji Don Wong) in four matches earlier this season (due to a "clerical error"). Although it appears he only played in one league game where they earned any points (just 1 point, vs. Southampton), he also played a part in knocking MK Dons out of the Capital One Cup. I expect they would at least have to forfeit that one point vs. Southampton, and probably will be hit with a fine as well. Not really coming at a good time for them.

Â