*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

On 15/03/2018 at 08:38, Demitri_C said:

TWD really is on the decline now. they really should wrap it up season 9 or 10.

FWD has a lot more potential as its  a made up story. I really fdo think the only way to save the TWD is by having a crossover later on 

Stopped watching TWD after 3 episodes this year as i had just had enough of it. Excited to have Fear back on last night and it is full of people from TWD F**K this shit i'm done with both now.

FTWD was great. The characters are absurdly comic-like like (a gunslinger with a hankering for candy, a journalist with a crazy swat van) and all the better for it - much more comic like than the show that's actually based on a comic. 

Only real downside was the lack of Madison. 

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Excited to have Fear back on last night and it is full of people from TWD F**K this shit i'm done with both now.

What, for the first three minutes? :lol:

Well, you did say 'full of people from TWD' which suggests more than one. The montage of visitors that Morgan had to establish his reason for leaving couldn't have lasted much more than 3 minutes, leaving Morgan himself, a single TWD character, for the remainder of the episode. I thought the introduction of the new FTWD characters was handled well, and although I would agree it was to the detriment of FTWD to not have the main characters in it until right at the end, I still enjoyed it. I can't see how they could have treated it as anything other than FTWD 0401...but in truth it was more of a Morgan centric one shot.

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Overall, I thought the finale was quite good......

Apart from that scene with Maggie, Jesus and Darryl, WTF was that all about? Totally daft. 

This was beyond stupid. I mean it makes absolutely no sense. Why not just try and get to negan and murder him as opposed to starting a war with rick (Your main ally from day one?) Ridiculous 

I'm not gonna lie I thought the episode was pretty crap. The action lasted what ten minutes tops? I feel the whole series has been shite for the negan saga. Poorly excuted.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, hogso said:

Yeah, it started the same night TWD ended. In fact it starts from the exact spot the last episode of TWD ended.

Whaaaat

I need to get on this tonight 

I’ve been avoiding this thread for years whilst I catch up with the show. Just finished season 8 and popped in.... you’re all talking about FTWD which I’ve not seen yet fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve been avoiding this thread for years whilst I catch up with the show. Just finished season 8 and popped in.... you’re all talking about FTWD which I’ve not seen yet fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If you haven't even started watching yet then nothing has been spoiled and from what i can see nothing's even been spoiled much ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Heavy potential TWD season 9 spoilers 

Spoiler

It's been reported that the next season will be Andrew Lincoln's last. Maggie and Michonne's contracts are apparently up too. 

I don't think the show could survive without those three, so it's either got to end, or they use FTWD to 'restock' the main show with known characters, and end that show instead. 

Would many people miss it? Probably not. If they gave it a good send off I think most remaining fans would be happy. 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Heavy potential TWD season 9 spoilers 

Hide contents

It's been reported that the next season will be Andrew Lincoln's last. Maggie and Michonne's contracts are apparently up too. 

I don't think the show could survive without those three, so it's either got to end, or they use FTWD to 'restock' the main show with known characters, and end that show instead. 

Would many people miss it? Probably not. If they gave it a good send off I think most remaining fans would be happy. 

Spoiler

I have generally enjoyed the show, but I think it is probably time to call it a day now. I think the interest of the viewing public including my own is rapidly starting to decline now, and I can't see where they can go with the story line.

I agree with you Neil, I've blasted through all 8 series this year and would think that although it seems to have run its course, the Neagan character is one of the best in TV, ever.

Â