*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

I really enjoyed last season, which was nice after the difficult season 7 and 8. This season has started off well too. But, to sustain it they need to trim the fat off quite a bit. There are too many characters now to remember and really care about.

Just keep Daryl and Carol in it and everything will be fine.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 13:26, sne said:

Feel free to skip ep 2 of season 10.

100% TWD trademark filler episode.

You won't miss a thing.

I pretty much only watch it in the background anyway now just to follow through with it, but even still that was **** dull.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The last episode was really rather good. Still issues with the pacing and writing of course, but at least there's a very real sense of urgency, danger, and drama.

The conclusion of the 'Whisperer War' arc in the comics was when they stopped being good for me - so, if they do follow the source material, even loosely, this is as good as it gets until it's given the chop. As much as a fun character Princess will be on screen, that place was never all that interesting to me.

And the latest episode was good too, indicative that it still can provide some great moments, yeah, they're few and far between, but this episode and the S09E15 (The Calm Before) provided some of the best segments of the whole thing, and enough entertainment / shock to show the series isn't quite, ahem, dead yet. 

Edited by hogso

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone else find the sound on this show really quiet and poor quality? I always struggle to hear the dialogue.

Well they are called the Whisperers for a reason :D 

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently the are finally shutting this one down after the 11th season which will be out in 2022.

Obviously they are also launching a bunch of new spin offs.

Thank **** for that. Can't stop watching this literal shit show.

FTWD has been the better recently.

• 6 months later...

I didn’t realise TWD was still going! I loved it to begin with, got to around series 7 I think then gave up. It was starting to repeat the same cycles, find new base > build new community > get attacked > fight war > find new base > build n.....

I always wondered how it would end.

• Like 1

Â