*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

13 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

This week’s episode was the best in a long, long time. 

What happened? I watched it but I can’t remember.

Ah the Negan story, yes. The episodes before that after the break were absolutely shocking though.

Fear is back in a bit of a slump, although there was a pretty big event at the end of the latest episode.

We watched the last 2 episodes together, the previous one was awful (in keeping with the previous half a dozen).

The final one was a big improvement, still nothing like as good as it was but much better than recent form.

I find it strange that even the people that stuck with it are now sticking with it when most of the comments most of the time are “much better than the last half a season”

it must be cheap to make as surely its viewing figures are in the gutter. 

Oh it’s terrible, it’s my most background watched program while I’m doing some casual work still or reading VT. Just want to find out how it ends now, hopefully with every character getting despatched.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Did Rick and Carl (or should I say Coooral ) ever get killed off? I always thought it would end when Rick goes. 

Spoiler

Carl got bitten and put down, Rick just disappeared after an explosion and some unknown people (now known as some militia group from the 2nd spin off show) took him on a helicopter. Hasn’t been in the last (just one?) season but is expected to feature in the last I think.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:
  Hide contents

Carl got bitten and put down, Rick just disappeared after an explosion and some unknown people (now known as some militia group from the 2nd spin off show) took him on a helicopter. Hasn’t been in the last (just one?) season but is expected to feature in the last I think.

Spoiler

Rick is getting a spinoff movie.

• Thanks 1

This series of walking dead haa been absolutely dreadful. Only thing that would savw it is a cross over with fear if walking dead.

The show needs to end

Edited by Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring the negan episode the whole season has been woeful.

They need to merge it with fear of the walking dead.  Only way they are saving this

You’d hope they’ve got something left up their sleeves (or in the comics, I have no idea) to wrap up the last season. Fear is probably carrying on though?

The first episode of the new series of Fear was further evidence that it's been the best Walking Dead show for some time. 

As far as taking something from the comics to see out the remaining TWD episodes, I think that's been part of the problem - the comics themselves took a major nose dive, with the last couple of arcs not being a patch on early ones - although the payoff right at the end, and of major character deaths along the way were pretty decent. Only problem is, most of those characters aren't even in the TV show anymore, and I didn't enjoy the Commonwealth arc at all in the comics. I'd agree with Dem though, it makes it a bit more interesting by having that particular plot thread spread across the three shows. 

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have quite enjoyed the opening couple of episodes. Bit weird watching via the Disney channel though. 

I’ve watched the first 3, slightly better than the previous series or 2 but still weak in comparison to how it started.

Its just the constant padding that drives me mad. Hardly anything happens because they’ve got 24 episodes in this last series to fill.

It’s nice not having the ad breaks, which were made worse by the annoying paddy power sponsors adverts.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’ve watched the first 3, slightly better than the previous series or 2 but still weak in comparison to how it started.

Its just the constant padding that drives me mad. Hardly anything happens because they’ve got 24 episodes in this last series to fill.

It’s nice not having the ad breaks, which were made worse by the annoying paddy power sponsors adverts.

Yes I agree and no ad breaks is great as you say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

You've been watching with ads? That would've driven me to quit already. The thought of 24 episodes might do the same! Presumably it will be in 2 halves with a big break as usual?

Think they’re doing 8 episodes til end of October, then possibly resuming in the New Year. 

Â