Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

What do we reckon then lads? Should Benteke be dropped to the bench? Should we play 4-3-3?

Personally I think we have to play our regular 4-3-3 formation away from home, it's how we gain most of our points and it suits being 'the away team'.

As for Benteke, I'm not 100% sure he should be dropped, today was worrying but I'm unsure as to whether he can't arsed or whether he still needs to get over his injury. That said, I wouldn't be against Lambert picking Kozak at all.

I reckon we'll go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

KEA Westwood Delph

Weimann Benteke Gabby

2-1 win to Southampton.

Very difficult game this one playing just as good as the "top teams" this year, but the gaffer won't be able to wheel out the old "you've got nothing to lose, go out there and play without fear and prove everyone wrong" to displace the nerves.

Can't see a win here, but could maybe work off a point, or who knows all three! Very unpredictable game.

Interesting matchup. Away to a team that likes possession. Both teams will fancy this. I'm not confident though. Our centrebacks will be busy as the Saints press so high. We'll need Delph and KEA to eat their weetabix too. And can't afford passengers. Even up front...

I say 2-0 loss.

We got beaten by them twice last season .. Now that they've improved I hope they don't thrash us against .. We've improved too .. But We really need a win .. Would get our confidence back .. keep the pace with the teams above us .. And try to get far from the teams below us ..

A draw wouldn't be bad .. Hoping for a win though ..

We are certainly far tougher to beat than we were last season but I still don't fancy us to get anything.  4-3-3 is the way Lambert will go I think. I expect the same team that started todays match. Hopefully Gabby, Weimann and Delph will be sharper having another game under there belts. Bit worried about Luna defensively.

Only team change I would make is bring Lowton in for KEA and push Bacuna further forward.

Although I would like to see this tried soon, I'm not sure KEA deserves to be benched now.

And Benteke is a difficult one. Something needs to be done to get him going, but do you bench him because he can't be arsed, or do you show faith in him through a bad streak of games? I suspect Lambert thinks that by taking Benteke off yesterday he showed Christian he is not playing well enough. But sticks with him.

Obviously southampton are a much better team but as were away from home I would not write us off. You would have to take a point if it was offered to you but I fancy us to get beat. Definately do not drop benteke, he just needs a goal but he's got to show more effort

-----------------------Guzan

--------------Vlaar - Baker - Clark

Lowton---------------------------------Luna

------------Delph--------Westwood-------------

-------------------Bacuna------------------------

------Benteke---------------Agbonlahor

• Like 1

These will come at us and we may be able to exploit that. Can see us getting something.

maybe, its not beyond us

Yep, unlike Sunderland they'll be pushing for the win which should give us some more space to get in behind them.

Also unlike the Sunderland game, we'l need to be able to string some passes together if we're going to exploit that space.

We need to really be geared up for the counter attack. I'd like for us to try the Lowton/Bacuna partnership on the right as I think that it'd be pretty solid with Bacuna having been used to playing RB and Lowton in his usual position, and it'd be pretty handy attacking wise. Hopefully the lads coming back from injury will be a bit stronger too. It's possible for us to nick a win here as long as we continue keeping it tight at the back, we just need to be sharper on the counter. Surely it's time for Benteke to find the back of the net again, especially since Lukaku is banging them in.

Regardless of what I said about the Lowton/Bacuna thing, however, I reckon we'll line up the same as we started yesterday, just that it'll hopefully be more effective away.