Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Despite managing to get a point in the last two games, we didn't defend particularly well in either and I think that will be exposed by a team like Southampton. We are playing negatively anyway so I'd go for a rigid 4-5-1 (4-1-4-1):

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bacuna

Sylla

Gabby KEA Delph Tonev

Kozak

Not pretty but that team might be able to frustrate Southampton and grind out a result.

I don't think Lambert will pick that though and therefore I think we'll lose 4-0.

Why do you want to play Bacuna in such an attacking position? From what we have seen of him he's better suited to a defensive role.

I think he might do well moving left to right and getting crosses in.

I watched Arsenal-Southampton and unfortunately they are way better than us :(

I'd snap your hand off for a draw (Good deal that: Aston Villa get a draw and you get your hand snapped off)

can't agree with that as they offered little threat in that Arsenal game and we scored 3 goals

Same team that started against Sunderland. We know we like it better when we can sit back and defend.

1-1 draw and Benteke to score. Our weakness defensively are the full backs (especially Luna) so he will need to get good protection from the midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Weimann drop (just back from injury) and Tonev on in his place though.

Pretty sure we are gonna lose this one.

2-0

I am afraid you may be right. We haven't lost to a non top 4 side away in over a year or so I think (Fulham?), problem is, Southampton ARE a top 4 side!

Well they were, still a top 6 side though. :mellow:

Nope, 7th. With Man U and Spurs behind them who are almost nailed on to overtake them.

I reckon a draw.

We could have done with beating Sunderland - unfortunately I can't see us taking more than 1 point from our next three games. Who knows, though, we're a pretty unpredictable side. Southampton are just better than us, though, and I think that will show. 2-0 defeat.