Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Can't say I'm surprised with our lack of activity.

As stated earlier in this thread, why would Randy invest if he's wanting out? If he's not wanting out, well, that's another discussion.

In terms of what we got in, can't complain with Bertrand, and Holt has probably only come in cos of the injury to Kozak.

Yes I'm disappointed that we didn't get a midfielder, preferably a number 10, but let's face it, if we were 'desperate' to get Hoolihan, how small time did that make us look? Lambert must've surely had other names on his list, but I'm guessing Randy hasn't sanctioned them cos they cost more than 35p and half a Twix.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we probably won't go down. We won't pull up any trees between now and the end of the season, but compared to last seasons January window, at least this year we've actually managed to sign one definite Premier League quality player.

Same old same old really. Shame that it's gonna be a long time til we celebrate like we did when we signed Milner and Bent. Hopefully the next owners (when/if they ever come) will bring the excitement back.

Weird how 14 things fell through

I know, feels almost insulting feeding us such bullshit, would rather hear the truth than be given false hope. I guess there is the tiny possibility each one fell through, although common sense would dictate otherwise.

I personally think Bacuna was given the 7 shirt for a reason, it'll take a few more games for him to get used to it but I think he'd be really useful in the CAM role, running out to both wings if required. With Delph Westwood and Sylla behind him I feel that's a prem quality midfield we don't have to panick buy to build on

BREAKING - stunning news from Villa Park as Paul Lambert and his team have signed

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Pr

Does this mean we've won?

Everyone did.

Edited: because first attempt at joke even more terrible 

Edited by Con

I am glad people are more interested in blaming ITKs rather than the people making the signings today.

I don't think anyone is blaming ITK's, they are just wound up and bored of people who like to pretend they are itk. It's been the same for about a decade online now if you don't want people to get annoyed at you pretending or genuine itk knowledge, then stop posting it

• Like 2

f you told me in June we would be 10th place on Jan 31st and still have Benteke. I would of said no chance

And with a first rate left back, possibly permanently.

Still the lack of midfielders is disappointing. Ours are just poor, if Delph gets injured or returns to previous poor form then we are in a spot of bother.

JulieB must be incandescent along with her bestie mate Howard (I sit in the Directors Box you know) Hodgson over the lack of action and ambition in the is window.........but they are ITK. Faulkner checks everything with them.

So much for Hairy Hands......Hmmm...

Just hope our clown of an owner knows what he is doing, betting our premiership survival on the squad we have. (oh sorry I forgot he know **** all about football but he does have a tattoo)

Lerner has been known to perform a u turn and pull the plug on deals at the last minute. It is quite possible that something was moving forward earlier in the window and things changed. People come on here and dish out information in good faith, no point bashing them now, the football World is a fast moving and ever changing landscape.

Â