Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We needed two midfielders and we got none. Disappointed

Needed or wanted?

How can you make that definition in football really though? We couldn't really be much closer to "needing" an AM but whilst we have enough players to field an 11 is it always going to be wanted?

Our team is obviously crying out for quality in the middle of park.

What even is a need?

What do we 'need' midfielders for? To stay up? To consolidate mid table?

I'd much rather see where we are in the summer than panic buy an AM now that would jeopardise our chances of getting one in the summer. Westwood and Delph are fine for where we are right now with KEA/Sylla/Gardner as depth.

It's all over chaps. Mat Kendrick reporting...

"Villa's club doctor and physios travelled up to Merseyside with the squad ahead of Saturday's match at Everton, because there is no prospect of medicals for any new players taking place this evening."

Apologies if this has already been discussed, please disregard if so, but I aint reading though the last 50 pages!

You lazy bum. I've just read 35 thinking something's happened!

• Like 2

January is hard time to get suitable deals, and prices are inflated. If the players who we want are not gettable or would command higher price than their value is there is no point just to buy some player just because you want someone.

• Like 1

"Reports say Kerzhakov has left for Birmingham airport to join Villa for 6 months."

From a Spanish journo so it seems, if anybody wants to keep some hope for the next few hours.

Edited by samjp26

"Reports say Kerzhakov has left for Birmingham airport to join Villa for 6 months."

From a Spanish journo so it seems, if anybody wants to keep some hope for the next few hours.

Seen this, but i can't find it anywhere.

BfVCAv5IQAEN5qP.jpg

I'm not bothered about him being around, what I want to know is :

a) Is he trying to sell the club?

•          IF the answer is yes, what timescales are we working to, is it a figure of speech or is a deal realistic in terms of our asking price, and will the limbo effect our team building plans. 
  •          IF the answer is no, what are the medium/long terms plans for team building, have PL & PF got the tools to do the job to meet  the fans expectation or are they just stewards of Austerity

B) His absence is plentiful, has Paul Faulkner and Paul Lambert sufficient empowerment to run the club in a progressive manner from his distance.

c) The austerity programme has been implemented, when can we expect to get back to signing players commensurate with the progress required to move the club forward.

d) We fans have a decision to make in May in terms of season tickets, what can you tell us that will convince us we are buying in to a progressive and ascertive plan to succeed in terms of the team.

I don't think he plans to sell the club, and IF he were to be persuaded to sell it would have to be someone with A shitloads of money to invest and B someone that will uphold the tradition of the club and not go around changing the teams colours, name of stadium name, as I get the impression one of the things he loves about Villa is our prestigious history.

I think his plan is very simple, get the club in profit, and operating on a sustainable model so A the club doesn't get bankrupted, B the club adhere to the impending financial fair play regulations, and C isn't a continued drain on his own finances as in UK terms and currency he's not a billionaire!

Villa Fans

1. Should always be signing exciting players, whether they are needed. Doesn’t matter how much they cost, just sign someone.

2. Any players not signed, or players don’t want to sign... Its always Villa and the owners fault, ALWAYS. Nobody else is involved in the deals, so its Villa **** it up on their own.

3. Not signing players means there is no money and nothing to do with not the right players available.

Â