Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

VILLA: Club source tells @bbcwm that they are unlikely to do any business now this evening. Hoolahan chase may be over. #DeadlineDayBBCWM

Kind of relieved. Do we actually need Hoolahan ?

Not particularly, we need a quality midfielder though.

Instead we have added to our Pokemon collection of strikers and made a very good loan signing at left back. We have most definitely not splashed the cash though, sadly.

But passing on so called info that then proves to be bollocks isn't very helpful is it ?

A meteorologist might tell us that the sun is coming out tomorrow and I'll be a bit pissed off if pisses down while I'm wearing shorts. Doesn't make them liars, sometimes information is wrong.

Assuming we stay up (which we should), the summer will be huge.  I understand not splashing out in January completely as we're not going to push on to any material extent this season, but something needs to happen in the summer.

BREAKING: Aston Villa have had a £12.5m bid to re-sign Ashley Young from Man Utd ACCEPTED. #avfc #mufc #TransferDeadlineDay

Only 8 followers but hey, I'm sure he is correct

MELT DDDDDDOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

BREAKING: Aston Villa have had a £12.5m bid to re-sign Ashley Young from Man Utd ACCEPTED. #avfc #mufc #TransferDeadlineDay

I hope we're not expecting him to drive to bodymoore

No surprise if we don't bring anybody else in, we are in a comfortable position in the league so the urgency is not as desperate as it was a few weeks ago.

Surely the object of a transfer window is to improve not just to sign players when you're worried about relegation. We have a manager who wanted to sign players.

MELT DDDDDDOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Its the friday meltdoooown! Do do do doooo, do do do do doooooo.

Assuming we stay up (which we should), the summer will be huge.  I understand not splashing out in January completely as we're not going to push on to any material extent this season, but something needs to happen in the summer.

The thing is, the manager hasn't been backed. For over a month he has said he wants a number 10, we knew this anyway because we were in for them in the Summer. Earlier this month he stated that he had many targets for the position, he then stated that it is an expensive position to fill and from the targets he had identified no deals could be struck. We then have had the Hoolahan saga but we couldn't even get him, in fact we probably never would have.

This is the worry for me, I didn't expect us to splash out, but I did expect the manager to be backed. We've brought in two loan deals, that pretty much says it all about our financial situation. We aren't safe yet by a long shot, fair enough we are getting there but if the manager of the team believes we need a certain type of player then you'd expect him to be backed to bring said player in so that we can secure safety and push ourselves up the league. The fact that after we signed Bertrand on loan Lambert had to come forward and say we may not be able to afford him in the Summer speaks volumes about the ambition of the board.

• Like 4

But passing on so called info that then proves to be bollocks isn't very helpful is it ?

A meteorologist might tell us that the sun is coming out tomorrow and I'll be a bit pissed off if pisses down while I'm wearing shorts. Doesn't make them liars, sometimes information is wrong.

Funny how they didn't mention Ryan Bertrand though isn't it? ITK my arse

Â