Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I just hope Lambert is being cautious. Quite a few deals are done on the last day.

I don't know why the window is a month when like you say most deals happen at the end.They should just make it a week.

Im with ash, hoolahan would be a pointless signing, hes not going to help us get into europe, and were not going to get relegated. As money is tight i think its better to save the coins and spend it in the summer on someone better at a more reasonable price. Spending money on a player that will get us 11th place instead of 13th seems pointless, more players available in the summer and the whole lambert/norwich spat just means they are going to try to fleece us for as much money as possibel.

And imo, hes not good enough

• Like 1

Im with ash, hoolahan would be a pointless signing, hes not going to help us get into europe, and were not going to get relegated. As money is tight i think its better to save the coins and spend it in the summer on someone better at a more reasonable price. Spending money on a player that will get us 11th place instead of 13th seems pointless, more players available in the summer and the whole lambert/norwich spat just means they are going to try to fleece us for as much money as possibel.

Agreed it's better to buy in the summer rather than January, but if Hoolahan can help us finish 2 or 3 places higher up in the league then that in itself is worth £750k per place.

I'm not quite as confident as you are about not going down, I think we will be ok but I worry we are only a couple of injuries away from being vulnerable and being dragged into a nervy end to the season. If Hoolahan is insurance against that happening then it's sensible to bring him in.

the difference between finishing 11th and 13th is more than £2m though isn't it? if he could help us to do that for two years on teh bounce (improve our finish by 2 places) then he'd pay for himself surely?

• Like 2

People moan about our inability to break teams down at home and Hoolahan offers a cheap solution but some would rather wait till the summer. That seems rather illogical. Especially how Lambert knows how to get the best out of him. If we finish a few places higher, his transfer fee would have been more than covered.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

I just hope Lambert is being cautious. Quite a few deals are done on the last day.

I don't know why the window is a month when like you say most deals happen at the end.They should just make it a week.

Scrap the window all together I say. Go back to the days pre-2002.

• Like 2

Agreed it's better to buy in the summer rather than January, but if Hoolahan can help us finish 2 or 3 places higher up in the league then that in itself is worth £750k per place.

I'm not quite as confident as you are about not going down, I think we will be ok but I worry we are only a couple of injuries away from being vulnerable and being dragged into a nervy end to the season. If Hoolahan is insurance against that happening then it's sensible to bring him in.

looks to be more than that, check the table for last season and prize/tv money columns... http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/premier-league-tv-money-deals-2014-15/

Tom Ross@thegoalzone5m

Paul Lambert says no more transfer business expected unless something special becomes available

Now, Lambert could be being cautious and not publicising his plans.

Or he could be ramping the pressure up on Narwich with Hoolahan.

Or he could be telling the truth and this website is about to go **** nuts!

the difference between finishing 11th and 13th is more than £2m though isn't it? if he could help us to do that for two years on teh bounce (improve our finish by 2 places) then he'd pay for himself surely?

But it is highly unlikely we would get him for 2 million Norwich will want 3 - 4 mill

They do not need to sell and they have made no secret how much they despise Lambert

They have backed themselves into a corner now by stating he is not for sale and if they go back on it and sell him on the cheap it will not go down well with their fans and it would make them look a pushover which is why i cannot see us getting him at that price

Edited by AshVilla

Tom Ross‏@thegoalzone5m

Paul Lambert says no more transfer business expected unless something special becomes available

Now, Lambert could be being cautious and not publicising his plans.

Or he could be ramping the pressure up on Narwich with Hoolahan.

Or he could be telling the truth and this website is about to go **** nuts!

Hopefully not the third option.

Heard an agent on the radio today and he admitted that things change dramatically during the final 48 hours of the window so I'm remaining optimistic.

• Like 3

Even if we did get him for as cheap as 2m it doesnt take in account the wages for maybe three years. And me personally would want another AM in the summer as i dont think hes good enough to be a given starter. We got squad players, now we need top quality that would walk straight in and teach the other kids, something i dont think hoolahan is good enough for

Edited by tomaspg
  • Like 1

Still sickens me when i watch SSN and see OGS beaming about signing Zaha, Kenwyne Jones and others and here's us scratching about with peanuts for whoever we can get... Which is apparently nobody!  :/   

Couple of handy loans aside of course.

OGS might look smug but i wouldn't want either Jones or Fabio, and if Zaha's attitude is questionable as some are suggesting then it might not be the masterstroke some are claiming. 

Â