Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We don't need them unless we're in a relegation battle or challenging for Europe. Anything else is just a short term high.

Seeing as how I don't think we're at either end of the spectrum, I'd rather not waste our limited funds on a pointless quick fix.

But the 'short term high' could reap rewards and prevent us from being dragged into a relegation battle again. There are players who'll be looking to get matches to ensure WC spots - we should exploit that.

I understand about funds but I'd rather spend a couple of million on say De Bruyne - knowing that he can play in the Prem and would definately improve our current team - than on a french League 2 player who might be worth a punt.

The summer is the time to bring in full time reinforcements - January we should use it to patch up the team ready for the 2nd half of the season.

To what end? I don't think we're going to be in a relegation battle. We're still better than the teams below us. We saw with WBA that getting a nice loan is naff all for the next season

I wouldn't say we're going to be in a relegation battle either but we're not that far off either and it'll only take a couple more injuries and we'd be screwed royally. I rather not take the chance to be honest.

I'm not a massive advocate of loans but do see their use too.

With Okore out all season, Vlaar injury prone and Clark/Bakers total inability to organise when they play together a loan deal for an experienced CB like Lescott makes perfect sense.

The creative midfielder has been a must for the last two years.

Really want us to go in for Tom Ince. Would cost 4-6m, not big on wages and provide us with genuine threat out wide. He is good on the ball, can take people on and not afraid of receiving the ball under pressure.

He's only 21 so his value is surely only to go up over the next few years. He can be our next Ashley Young (without the diving)

• Like 1

Why do people think Vlaar is injury prone? Injury prone is when a player has an ongoing problem that keeps popping up, this is a different injury to last season and he should hopefully be back for the next game.

Our defence has been a lot better this season and I'm sure that will continue when Vlaar returns. 

What we need is goals or should I say the creativity to create goals, certainly more so than we need a defender, certainly more so than a 6-month loan of Lescott who would probably be on more a week than the majority of our team even if we only paid 50% of his wage.

Really want us to go in for Tom Ince. Would cost 4-6m, not big on wages and provide us with genuine threat out wide. He is good on the ball, can take people on and not afraid of receiving the ball under pressure.

He's only 21 so his value is surely only to go up over the next few years. He can be our next Ashley Young (without the diving)

I'd like to see Tom Ince as well, I reckon he'd be less than £6m, maybe £4m is about right or maybe less initially - he only has 6 months remaining on his contract.

He has always suffered alot of niggling injuries even at feyenoord. So is injury prone.

An experienced CB who can lead and organise makes sense as okore is out for the season and we always look alot more vulnerable with the clark/baker partnership.

Agree we need another creative spark tho but this has been urgent since Milner left.

13/14 05.12.2013 20.12.2013 Calf Injury

12/13 24.11.2012 11.01.2013 Calf Injury

07/08 16.09.2007 01.06.2008 Cruciate Ligament Rupture

There is Vlaar's injury history from Transfermarkt, I thought last Winter it was his knee but I must have been mistaken. 

Edited by samjp26

Tom Ince would be a waste of money and time. We play too narrow for wingers

No way, Tom Ince would be great for us. He comes inside a lot as well as staying on the wing and would be great for a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2. He's also a very confident player and i think he would really fit into our team. For around 4m he would definitely provide value for money and improve our current first team as well as the squad

No way, Tom Ince would be great for us. He comes inside a lot as well as staying on the wing and would be great for a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2. He's also a very confident player and i think he would really fit into our team. For around 4m he would definitely provide value for money and improve our current first team as well as the squad

they are looking for bib money for him, I doubt he will go for anywhere near 4!

Edited by Nigel

Why would he only be 4m?

Tom Ince will sell for £14m and Villa won't be the only interested club or his first choice. No chance of happening.

Yeah I'm sure a club will be so desperate to buy Tom Ince that they'd pay £14m for him rather than waiting until June and signing him on a free.

His contract is nearly finished, if they were going to cash in it should of have been in the Summer just gone, I'm assuming they kept hold of him in the hope that they'd get promoted - being able to get him to tie down a new deal potentially.

If a club comes in offering them around £4m to £5m, they'd be silly not take it in my opinion.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Tom Ince will sell for £14m and Villa won't be the only interested club or his first choice. No chance of happening.

Yeah I'm sure a club will be so desperate to buy Tom Ince that they'd pay £14m for him rather than waiting until June and signing him on a free.

His contract is nearly finished, if they were going to cash in it should of have been in the Summer just gone, I'm assuming they kept hold of him in the hope that they'd get promoted - being able to get him to tie down a new deal potentially.

If a club comes in offering them around £4m to £5m, they'd be silly not take it in my opinion.

Cardiff offered them £12million in the summer which Blackpool accepted and ince turnedthe move down saying it was t the right move for his career

Â