Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Yea that was another manager, but I did love Keane here. The Defoe link makes absolutely no sense. Benteke, Kozak, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Helenius, and Bowery are all strikers so why add another? We desperately need an attacking mid. We have some decent depth in the midfield now. Delph, KEA, Sylla, and Westwood are without a doubt Lambert's go to players when picking a midfield but none are proper attacking midfielders. Closest thing we have to that is N'Zogbia or maybe even Gardner but we need consistency. I hope Lambert can bring someone in even if it is just a loan. I'd love De Bryune, Sigurosson, or Dembele if we only could get a loanee. 

I woudn't mind seeing a decent young defensive midfielder come in to be honest.

There are quite a few around who are worth a good look;-

Medojevic of Wolfsburg,

Can of Leverkusan,

Cisse of Standard Liege,

Hyland of Genk,

Trompet of Lokeren,

van Roose or van Acker of Cercle Brugge,

are just a few examples.

A good defensive midfielder can allow you options for the whole team set up, allowing a back line of three to be utilised.

A good DM can also allow seven or eight other players to get forward because he offers protection.

A good DM has good lateral movement, to go with his good central defensive abilities.

• Like 1

Medojevic of Wolfsburg,

Can of Leverkusan,

Cisse of Standard Liege,

Hyland of Genk,

Trompet of Lokeren,

are just a few examples.

A good defensive midfielder can allow you options for the whole team set up, allowing a back line of three to be utilised.

A good DM can also allow seven or eight other players to get forward because he offers protection.

A good DM has good lateral movement, to go with his good central defensive abilities.

Medojevic is back in favour at Wolfsburg now and Can only signed for Leverkusen so they are unrealistic sadly.

If we are looking in Belgium for a DM then Kouyate please! Just what is needed.

• Like 1

Aaron Hunt on his way to Southampton on a pre contract apparently. (Joining in the summer)

Would be a good signing for us

i mentioned him elsewhere the other day!! as he was looking abroad and to play in premiership!! no doubt he would want least 50k a week which we wouldn't pay!! can't believe we don't go for this type player on a bosman, fair play to Southampton going for generally good players!

Medojevic of Wolfsburg,

Can of Leverkusan,

Cisse of Standard Liege,

Hyland of Genk,

Trompet of Lokeren,

are just a few examples.

Medojevic is back in favour at Wolfsburg now and Can only signed for Leverkusen so they are unrealistic sadly.

If we are looking in Belgium for a DM then Kouyate please! Just what is needed.

Yes, i am all for Kouyate!! a beast of a defender who can also play Defensive Midfield!! The Man with the Mask :)

• Like 1

Why do we need another DM when Lambert has signed Sylla and KEA or do we think they aren't good enough?

Neither of them are particularly good and they're not played in the DM position anyway.

We all laugh, and yet...

keane3.jpg

:blink:

That happened under McLeish which makes all signings during his time here null and void.

....although I do love Robbie Keane.

He came from MLS though not from Tottenham and probably no where near for the reportedly 90,000 pounds per week he is allegedly going to Toronto FC for. 

Why do we need another DM when Lambert has signed Sylla and KEA or do we think they aren't good enough?

competition for places. just becasue you sign a player for a position doesnt mean you cant sign another to challenge that player

and KEA isnt a defensive midfielder

Edited by Zatman

I mocked the idea of him coming when it was announced, how wrong I was. Great player.

I think everybody did in fairness, he was brilliant but I think that was mainly as he was the only player to play for Villa in about 10 years that knew anything about movement since probably Angel

• Like 1

Â