Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Do people think Grealish could play the No. 10 role?

Saw him once this season for notts county where it looked like they had asked him to play that role and he struggled to find space to influence the game so I'd say not at this point. In fairness that was the game he was coming back from a few weeks out injured and I remember Kevan saying he probably shouldnt have started. From what I've heard and the few other glimpses I've seen he has the technical ability to do so in the future but not in the next few years.

I take it thats just your opinion and not substantiated with any fact?

Irrespective, the total wage bill must have come down when you factor in those who has left and whom they have been replaced with and with HH revelation on what type of wages those replacements are on so i think it's now right to question if more investment isn't forthcoming. 

If Given were to leave permanently in January then that would be another matter.

No thats fine as i didn't know that Given was only on loan for a month but the overall question remains and i'm still not sure even with Given sold that the manager will be backed more.

i know im like 10 pages late into the speculation, but in regards to Toivonen, lets stay as far away from that talenless waste of space no good rocketpolisher

guidetti though, wouldnt mind him, even if its pretty unlikely, been sitting on the bench for city and will probably get his go sooner or later. doubt he will be able to get a spot of regular first team action but he strikes me as someone who would rather play every now and again for city than beeing a regular starter for us.

anyone got some of those youtubey clips of Popov? is he any good? would he come?

We need to balance the books to fit the UEFA criteria, regardless of other teams atempts to undermine the rules, RL will only play by the rules. We need a number 10 to get results at home and I think we will buy one this transfer season.

We also need a natural leader on the pitch, someone with a strong desire to win and the nerve to translate that desire onto the pitch. Vlar is a great player he's just not quite the leader we need. Lambert needs to find a leader, a mouth , attitude and a desire to win,......or not to lose without a fight.

i know im like 10 pages late into the speculation, but in regards to Toivonen, lets stay as far away from that talenless waste of space no good rocketpolisher

guidetti though, wouldnt mind him, even if its pretty unlikely, been sitting on the bench for city and will probably get his go sooner or later. doubt he will be able to get a spot of regular first team action but he strikes me as someone who would rather play every now and again for city than beeing a regular starter for us.

anyone got some of those youtubey clips of Popov? is he any good? would he come?

A friend of mine who follows the Russian league says he is very good. He also thinks it is highly unlikely Kuban would sell him as he is very important to them.

We need to balance the books to fit the UEFA criteria, regardless of other teams atempts to undermine the rules, RL will only play by the rules. We need a number 10 to get results at home and I think we will buy one this transfer season.

We also need a natural leader on the pitch, someone with a strong desire to win and the nerve to translate that desire onto the pitch. Vlar is a great player he's just not quite the leader we need. Lambert needs to find a leader, a mouth , attitude and a desire to win,......or not to lose without a fight.

I agree to an extent, although I do think Vlaar is a strong leader in terms of leading the youngsters and 'taking care' of them, especially at the back.

I think Popov will be the guy we sign to be fair, he's a number 10 who will offer a goal threat and also creativity. He's also the Bulgarian captain, which I guess helps on the leadership side of things. He's only just turned 26 too, but he'd obviously be a senior player in comparison to the majority of our team.

January should be interesting hopefully.

Once we get rid of Ireland bent nzogbia and given that should free up about 250k a week.

We should try and get ince zaha & guidetti

Ireland is gone

He's out of contract in the summer, so he won't be  back

There's also absolutely no chance we could bring  in those 3, you'd be looking at £30m plus about £150k a week in wages. Not gonna happen

Irrespective, the total wage bill must have come down when you factor in those who has left and whom they have been replaced with and with HH revelation on what type of wages those replacements are on so i think it's now right to question if more investment isn't forthcoming. 

If Given were to leave permanently in January then that would be another matter.

No thats fine as i didn't know that Given was only on loan for a month but the overall question remains and i'm still not sure even with Given sold that the manager will be backed more.

The question remains because Given is still here. None of us (not even HH) knows what will happen once people like Given, Bent, N'Zogbia, Hutton and Ireland are gone.

Edited by Mantis

I find it disappointing that someone clearly close to the manager hopes that the budget improves.

I would have hoped the owner would have made future ambition clear to Lambert at the start of the project.

We don't know that he hasn't made it clear. Some of us are assuming that he hasn't.
Well HH seems the most ITK we've ever had on this site and he's not sure what the future ambition regarding spending is.

Or he's just deliberately being vague? This is a public message board after all.

Once we get rid of Ireland bent nzogbia and given that should free up about 250k a week.

All of them are from the premier league other than ince who have got attention from top clubs ..

I don't remember Lambert signing anyone from his 16 signings who came from the premier league .. other than Dawkins who came actually from the MLS and his contract was almost finished with Spurs ..

I think us and Southampton stopped getting players from the PL .. Which I think is quite good .. It ended badly last time .. 

Ofcourse we could find a diamond as Pogba .. But what's the point if we have the best academy ? Why don't we try our own kids and send them to a respectable leagues on loan .. Same way as Guidetti .. 

Saying that .. I won't say no to Ince .. We need a player like him ..

Zaha would be over priced .. Utd won't sell him for less than 12m .. with massive wages ..

If you were talking about loans .. I won't take any unless we were pushing for top 6 !

• Like 1

Although Vlaar is the captain, I have noticed that Clark seems to do the talking when they go into the huddle before the game starts, also that on the pitch he does a lot of talking and pointing, etc.

The question remains because Given is still here. None of us (not even HH) knows what will happen once people like Given, Bent, N'Zogbia, Hutton and Ireland are gone.

No the overall question is whether the manager will be backed more when those players leave and the doubt i'm referring to is in line with those who have already left yet the manager still hasn't been backed on all his targets which HH has confirmed.

No the overall question is whether the manager will be backed more when those players leave and the doubt i'm referring to is in line with those who have already left yet the manager still hasn't been backed on all his targets which HH has confirmed.

The fact that the players I just mentioned are still on the books is probably a large part of that.

Ireland is gone

There's also absolutely no chance we could bring  in those 3, you'd be looking at £30m plus about £150k a week in wages. Not gonna happen

Are Stoke picking up all of Ireland's wages?

And yup, I can't see us signing any of those three players.  Zaha will probably leave on loan, but I don't think we'd be interested in that.

For what seems like an eternity weve the heard the 'manager will backed when player x leaves' - then when player x does eventually leave we here 'the manager will be backed when player y leaves' ...and so on......I am resigned that the funding will remain at roughly it current levels for the foreseeable future....

• Like 1

The fact that the players I just mentioned are still on the books is probably a large part of that.

You can add Ireland to the list of players out the door as his contract is up in the summer so that arguement is now looking increasingly thin to excuse a continual lack of investment which is my overall point.

All of them are from the premier league other than ince who have got attention from top clubs ..

I don't remember Lambert signing anyone from his 16 signings who came from the premier league .. other than Dawkins who came actually from the MLS and his contract was almost finished with Spurs ..

I think us and Southampton stopped getting players from the PL .. Which I think is quite good .. It ended badly last time .. 

Ofcourse we could find a diamond as Pogba .. But what's the point if we have the best academy ? Why don't we try our own kids and send them to a respectable leagues on loan .. Same way as Guidetti .. 

Saying that .. I won't say no to Ince .. We need a player like him ..

Zaha would be over priced .. Utd won't sell him for less than 12m .. with massive wages ..

I guess we're gona be bargain hunting from now on

If you were talking about loans .. I won't take any unless we were pushing for top 6 !

You can add Ireland to the list of players out the door as his contract is up in the summer so that arguement is now looking increasingly thin to excuse a continual lack of investment which is my overall point.

Stoke probably aren't paying all of his wages or even the majority of them, and in any case we're still paying him so no, I wouldn't say the argument is looking increasingly thin. If players like Ireland leave in the summer and the level of investment remains the same then yes it would be getting thin.

Ireland is gone

Are Stoke picking up all of Ireland's wages?

And yup, I can't see us signing any of those three players.  Zaha will probably leave on loan, but I don't think we'd be interested in that.

hutton, bent, given and nzogbia will all still be at villa park next season too

Edited by KHV

Â