Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I hope he doesn't stop shooting if he plays. I want to see him score from far away. That would lift his spirits and make him better instantly.

Why isn't this game tomorrow. I hate Monday night football.

Edited by AVTuco

I quite like Tonev myself. I think he is improving with every game. I'll be irritated if he is dropped on Monday.

I really agree with this ..

I just hope he doesn't shoot unless if there is no other good choice .. He seems to do better that way anyway .. He's a good technical play .. Have good pass and Tackles in him .. good pace .. good crosses ..

The only thing that I see him bad in is the decision making which is sometimes terrible ..

Other than that I'd start over Weimann depending of the overall performances this season .. He offers much more .. He only lacks the intellegent that Weimann has (Which we don't get the best of him considering his position) ..

I like Weimann, but Tonev has improved a lot lately. We need him to keep improving to the point where he becomes a proper weapon. For that reason I'd play him ahead of AW.

We know Tonev has pace. We know he can score screamers. So far he's looked like he's trying too hard. His last game might give him the confidence he needs to relax a bit.

The other thing is that Kozak also seems to be improving. So there's two players who should arguably start ahead of Weimann for now.

I quite like Tonev myself. I think he is improving with every game. I'll be irritated if he is dropped on Monday.

I really agree with this ..

I just hope he doesn't shoot unless if there is no other good choice .. He seems to do better that way anyway .. He's a good technical play .. Have good pass and Tackles in him .. good pace .. good crosses ..

The only thing that I see him bad in is the decision making which is sometimes terrible ..

Other than that I'd start over Weimann depending of the overall performances this season .. He offers much more .. He only lacks the intellegent that Weimann has (Which we don't get the best of him considering his position) ..

Possibly just me but I don't consider Weimann to be an intelligent player at all. More an instinctual one.

Edited by Isa

looking at the table a win would really put some distance between us and the bottom, be massive for us to be only 3 points off 6th after the start and injuries we've had. it woudl mean nearly a point and a half a game over the first 12 games too, which considering who we've played woudl be a great return.

it'll be interesting to see how we line up and who we have coming back into the side, looks like Luna,Clark,  Gabby, Weimann, Delph, Benteke and Guzan will be available.

I hope he doesn't stop shooting if he plays. I want to see him score from far away. That would lift his spirits and make him better instantly.

Didn't you enjoy the last one?

looking at the table a win would really put some distance between us and the bottom, be massive for us to be only 3 points off 6th after the start and injuries we've had. it woudl mean nearly a point and a half a game over the first 12 games too, which considering who we've played woudl be a great return.

it'll be interesting to see how we line up and who we have coming back into the side, looks like Luna,Clark, Gabby, Weimann, Delph, Benteke and Guzan will be available.

Kendrick said on Friday Gabby and Delph were "hopeful but doubtful"

I don't remember it, but I take it we won, so I guess I did...

It was against Sunderland if Im not mistaken.

• Like 1

Benteke and Guzan would get in their side but after that I don't think we have any others who are a step up on their first 11.

Youd rather Gareth Macualey at centre half over Ron Vlaar?

Delph wouldnt get in over Mulumbu or Yacob?

Bacuna over Billy Jones?

Gabby over Long/Anelka?

Both Mulumbu and Yacob would walk into our midfield. I can only assume you haven't seen Smethwick play much to make such a comment.

Looking at the strongest starting line-ups for each team I think it would prefer the following:

Guzan over Foster

Bacuna over Reid

Olsson over Vlaar

Baker over McAuley

Luna over Ridgewell

Yacob over Delph

Mulumbu over Westwood

Brunt over Sylla

Benteke over Sessegnon

Amalfitano over Weimann

Long over Gabby

So Guzan, Bacuna, Baker, Luna and Benteke for me.

I wouldn't have Baker over McAuley at all and I'd probably have Ridgewell over Luna too as he is a better defender. If I were to do a combined XI of the two teams it would be:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Olsson Ridgewell

Yacob Mulumbu

Amalfitano Sessegnon Gabby

Benteke

It was against Sunderland if Im not mistaken.

:flag: