Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

It's also the one thing that could make this bad idea worse.

"Oh, Dublin could have a Premier League team."

Are they in the country the Premier League is based in? Have they got a team promoted to the Premier League on sporting merit?

"No, but some bloke from Austria with a lot of money could pay for it."

Excuse me while I throw up.

• Like 1

It's also the one thing that could make this bad idea worse.

"Oh, Dublin could have a Premier League team."

Are they in the country the Premier League is based in? Have they got a team promoted to the Premier League on sporting merit?

"No, but some bloke from Austria with a lot of money could pay for it."

Excuse me while I throw up.

But think of the away days rev

If they can agree with the english FA to join the english league system,

they should start a Red Bulls Dublin.

That would have insane potential.

Insane potential for a significant amount of football fans to give up on the sport as a lost cause.

I would be at the front of the line.

If they can agree with the english FA to join the english league system,

they should start a Red Bulls Dublin.

That would have insane potential.

Yes, that sounds like a goer. 

Interest shouts in here that suggest football isn't already run by money.

If they buy Wolves and in 10 years they're winning the Champions League, I'll be jealous.

Sure, I'll be happy that we don't have a silly kit and play at the Red Bull Bowl in Wolverhampton, but I'll be jealous they're getting success, even if it's a shadow of the true club.

Of course, there is a chance they might buy it, make it all look red, white and silly then just yo-yo for years which would look daft.

But if you asked me now, would I sell my football soul to the devil for guaranteed success, I'd struggle to say no. Football has no proper soul anyway.

If I was Red Bull, and it wasn't to be a Premier League Team, I'd be looking at Bristol City.

No (English) top flight team for miles around, decent population catchment, already play in red and white, accessible and plenty of nice places for your pampered players to live.

• Like 1

on the Dublin idea it would kill an already dying local game here completely a Premier League team being in town and i would be appalled if that happened. 

If Red Bull did invest it would probably have to start lower with a team like a Bury, Darlington or Oxford for example

Interest shouts in here that suggest football isn't already run by money.

If they buy Wolves and in 10 years they're winning the Champions League, I'll be jealous.

Sure, I'll be happy that we don't have a silly kit and play at the Red Bull Bowl in Wolverhampton, but I'll be jealous they're getting success, even if it's a shadow of the true club.

Of course, there is a chance they might buy it, make it all look red, white and silly then just yo-yo for years which would look daft.

But if you asked me now, would I sell my football soul to the devil for guaranteed success, I'd struggle to say no. Football has no proper soul anyway.

If the price of success was selling our soul to the extent of changing the name of the club to Red Bull I would rather go without or I would walk away and not be interested in the success anyway.

Interestingly I know several Chelsea fans who have walked away from their club since it became Roman's play thing.

Football may have lost its collective soul but clubs still have them or most do and they should do everything to hold onto them because if they lose them they lose everything in my view.

its not just the team name they change its the club colours and think the stadium name as well.  

that's my understanding, hence the marketing pic on the 1st page

if they bought us then yes in theory they'd inject a ton of cash (in theory but the financial rules might have a say) but they'd also change our name to red bull aston villa, VP to red bull park and our kit to red and white

cant see a fan in the country sacrificing the history of their club for that kind of overhaul, certainly no one in the prem

Two thoughts on this....

1. Red Bull have got a hell of a lot of free publicity out of this story which makes me wonder if that is all that they were after

2. If they did do this I think it could have a negative impact on their sales in the UK

Even if I could accept the concept of commercial rape of football club tradition, I'd be opposed to it simply on the grounds that I hate the taste of their disgusting overpriced fizzy pop. 

• Like 3

I'm surprised no one's linked my club with them? We know we're looking for a sponsor for our stadium, which in the pics, thanks to the silver and blue, looks quite a can of Red Bull:

JvcYIaP.jpg

The other thing to consider is that if they're serious about taking a team into the CL it's getting harder and harder to simply take a lower level side and bankroll them there, this is because there are already five seriously well-funded sides, plus Spurs. Money is no guarantee, easier by far to look to invest in a club on the brink!

Personally I'd be happy with Red Bull sponsoring the team and Stadium, but not so happy about them taking us over as I think you'd struggle to get a better chairman than Daniel Levy.

I don't think I'd ever stop laughing if that happened and my mate would be in for years and years of abuse. And I know he'd be hugely pissed off with it. He might even walk away from the lot. Oh the dilemma.

Â