Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

Red Bullring Birmingham City?

sha would be a funny one, it would be absolutely **** hilarious at 1st but then there is every danger they would get better

They couldn't get any worse...

You clearly don't remember the days of Barry Fry and Ricky Otto. 

Austrian fans didn't accept it either with Red Bull Salzburg, most fans stopped supporting the club and created SV Austria Salzburg.

Considering that Red Bull Salzburg's attendances range from 4-10 times SV Austria Salzburg's, that may not be entirely accurate.

A hard core of supporters probably left, but the majority, perhaps mostly more casual fans, seem to have accepted it (as has happened with every creeping step of commercialization of football).

I doubt the Premier League will allow it (a name change).

I can't see why they'd have a say in what an entity that is entitled to play in their league calls themselves tbh (within reason i.e. Tits and Arse FC mightn't get a pass). And with the financial clout that comes with Red Bull you'd imagine the Premier League would be very welcoming indeed given that let's face it, they're ALL about the money.

I do echo those who say they feel sorry for the fans of whoever gets taken over though. Their identity will become a secondary concern. It mightn't be a Premier League side though. They went down to the fifth division in Germany to acquire Leipzig.

I wonder if they don't end up finding a club to take over (unlikely), whether they'd create a club from scratch. Don't even know if that's possible. Might not be financially viable I suppose.

To all of those going on about clubs changing strips and the fans not getting over it.......

Cardiff City.

Can't imagine too many of their fans are complaining this year.................

Some of them still are.   I always ask the question how long it took Leeds fans to get over changing the colour of their kits from blue & yellow to white, given the reasons were even more bullshit ("Real Madrid play in white too!") than Cardiff's were. 

I wonder if they don't end up finding a club to take over (unlikely), whether they'd create a club from scratch. Don't even know if that's possible. Might not be financially viable I suppose.

Most likely not as this doesn't seem to be their MO. They could possibly go quite far down the leagues though, as they did with Leipzig. Although if the article is anything to go by, they would prefer a Premier League club.

Edited by Isa

Most likely not as this doesn't seem to be their MO. They could possibly go quite far down the leagues though, as they did with Leipzig. Although if the article is anything to go by, they would prefer a Premier League club.

Their approach to Germany may or may not have had anything to do with the Bundesliga's 50+1 ownership rule forcing Red Bull to go down to a level where that rule doesn't apply.
  • Like 1

I doubt the Premier League will allow it (a name change).

I can't see why they'd have a say in what an entity that is entitled to play in their league calls themselves tbh (within reason i.e. Tits and Arse FC mightn't get a pass). And with the financial clout that comes with Red Bull you'd imagine the Premier League would be very welcoming indeed given that let's face it, they're ALL about the money.

They can't control what the holding company call themselves but they own and publish the fixture list so they do have the final say as to what name they call the football team on there (see Hull City's failure to change their name this season).

They would accept any additional investment but would not let a company cheapen it's overall brand which is worth much much more.

I can see a ground been renamed and/or a kit colour change but I don't think any name would change in the near future. If it was allowed and there was a financial benefit in doing so (in England) then it probably would have already happened with the likes of Stoke (bet365 fc) or Newcastle (Sports Direct FC).

• Like 1

To all of those going on about clubs changing strips and the fans not getting over it.......

Cardiff City.

Can't imagine too many of their fans are complaining this year.................

A lot of the Cardiff fans still wear the blue strips. The owner hiring the work experience kid who is a mate of his son, has also stired some emotions and the shirt colour argument being raised more.

They can't control what the holding company call themselves but they own and publish the fixture list so they do have the final say as to what name they call the football team on there (see Hull City's failure to change their name this season).

They would accept any additional investment but would not let a company cheapen it's overall brand which is worth much much more.

I can see a ground been renamed and/or a kit colour change but I don't think any name would change in the near future. If it was allowed and there was a financial benefit in doing so (in England) then it probably would have already happened with the likes of Stoke (bet365 fc) or Newcastle (Sports Direct FC).

Surely Hull's failure was solely down to a timing issue i.e. the fixtures and a lot of peripheral documentation was already done out or at a well advanced stage. It wasn't that the Premier League were against the new name per se. It's completely understandable to not agree to an 11th hour change.

Â