Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

I'm all for a Red Bull takeover, providing they keep the name and colours the same, renaming Villa Park to Red Bull Arena or something would be a tough one to swallow but I'd put up with it if we were winning stuff. However if they changed our name to Red Bull Aston Villa and changed our home kit to coincide with a Red Bull can or something then I'd feel like I'd lost my club to a corporation and therefore end my association with them. English professional football clubs are not NFL franchises. 

it would be last straw for me. Im not really as commited to football as I was many years back but Villa is only thing I really pay attention to but even this season have missed about 4 or 5 games that I would normally watch

So you're not all for it then because they always do the things you don't want them to do.

This is exactly it. Barring a pretty fundamental change in how Red Bull does this (and, granted, succeeding in buying in the PL would in itself represent a big change, so who knows) they will change the lot. You don't get to enjoy the good and ignore the bad, because the bad is right in your face with a Red Bull takeover.

I don't think Red Bull will go for a Premier League team, just doesn't seem to be their style. I'd fancy they would snag a lower league club with a bit of an identity crisis like MK Dons, re-brand them and gradually finance them into the top flight. I used to have a NY Red Bull's season ticket. Yeah it was odd following a team named after a beverage made from cow bile but since the previous history of the club was insignificant, they didn't have their own stadium (until Red Bull built one) and the original name was shit (Metrostars) it was all a bit easier to swallow (unlike the drink).

100% against it.

We are Aston Villa.

We play in claret, blue with a mixture of white (and sometimes yellow).

We play at Villa park.

That is that.

Exactly and if it meant keeping all that and being absolute shit for another 30 years or selling out and becoming a red bull joke then i would choose the former every time.

Unless they didn't change any of the club traditions (e.g. name, colours or stadium name) I'd be interested but that would go against everything they've done at other clubs.

I honestly don't know how anybody could be in favour of gutting the soul of the club just for an increased possibility of success.

from the wikipedia: 

"The investment in SSV Markranstädt by Red Bull is not the company's first attempt to enter the Leipzig football scene. In 2006, it tried to purchase FC Sachsen Leipzig, a club with a rich tradition, but also plagued by constant financial trouble. After months of fan protests which deteriorated into violence, the company abandoned the plan."

i think that you all will know what to do if they'd want to change name, badge or our colours...

A premier league club would be a massive high profile purchase and they'd surely know a fan base would be against complete changes.

I could live with certain things. No issue with the stadium being changed or certain changes to the kit. Like I said winning with certain changes would not offend me any more than worrying about going down with McLeish as manager.

A premier league club would be a massive high profile purchase and they'd surely know a fan base would be against complete changes.

I could live with certain things. No issue with the stadium being changed or certain changes to the kit. Like I said winning with certain changes would not offend me any more than worrying about going down with McLeish as manager.

By "certain changes" to the kit what do you mean exactly?

Even then it would only be an increased possibility of success. No guarantee of it at all.

Your posts are relatively supportive on the subject. Which slightly sheds a new light on your criticism of Lerner's financial support. It seems to me, again from your posts, that you want success asap and you're less fussy in how we come by it.
  • Like 2

Your posts are relatively supportive on the subject. Which slightly sheds a new light on your criticism of Lerner's financial support. It seems to me, again from your posts, that you want success asap and you're less fussy in how we come by it.
Of course I'd like success asap. Are you telling me you weren't pleased when Doug sold to a billionaire owner? Look at all the moaning because Mon didn't take us from relegation battle to top 4 in 4 years. Everyone wants success quickly. I'd happily sacrifice certain things for it rather than cheer mediocrity because our current owner pretends to care. Edited by Big_John_10

By "certain changes" to the kit what do you mean exactly?

Even then it would only be an increased possibility of success. No guarantee of it at all.

Of course there's no guarantees but I'd happily sacrifice certain things. The kit changes every year, the sponsors change all the time and Lerner even changed the badge. Some of my favourite villa kits of all time have been the away ones.

Â