Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

I don't think I'd ever stop laughing if that happened and my mate would be in for years and years of abuse. And I know he'd be hugely pissed off with it. He might even walk away from the lot. Oh the dilemma.

I'd be happy with a Naming Rights / shirt sponsorship deal, not with a take-over. In either scenario our name surely wouldn't be changed, would it?

dave-whelan_863249c.jpg >>>> Levy...

Dave Whelan's better than Levy? On what basis do you make that judgement? I think there's a case for some others, the people in charge of Arsenal have done well for years, Huw Jenkins at Swansea, arguably Bill Kenwright... not sure any have the full-package of skills or track record over the longer term that Levy has though.

dave-whelan_863249c.jpg >>>> Levy...

Dave Whelan's better than Levy? On what basis do you make that judgement? I think there's a case for some others, the people in charge of Arsenal have done well for years, Huw Jenkins at Swansea, arguably Bill Kenwright... not sure any have the full-package of skills or track record over the longer term that Levy has though.

I think the best person to ask about how great Dave Whelan would be to hear it from the great man himself. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have no problem with a takeover by red bull on the following conditions. 

1. The name is not altered in any way. We are "Aston Villa Football Club"

2. The name of the stadium is not altered in any way. We play at "Villa Park" 

3. The clubs colours are claret and blue. 

Beyond that they could do what they want. 

If we were taken over by Red Bull and they touched the name of the club, our colours, our badge or our stadium, I'd walk away and go and support the local non-league team Halesowen. They'd be more worthy of my support!

• Like 2

Â