Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

I'd have no problem with a takeover by red bull on the following conditions. 

1. The name is not altered in any way. We are "Aston Villa Football Club"

2. The name of the stadium is not altered in any way. We play at "Villa Park" 

3. The clubs colours are claret and blue. 

Beyond that they could do what they want. 

Youve pretty much left nothing in it for them then... :huh: . Jesus get witht he times even if they "changed" the name of the stadium it would still be VILLA PARK to us, the game has evolved, people need to if they want success too. Dont see why anyone would change our name as we have one of the most unique and beautiful names in the game. Colours ive always been sort of touch and go about (Dont like our badge either). West Ham, Burnley, Scunthorpe etc. Obviously I would rather nothing changed and we just got the cash but..... :ph34r:

What if they took us over, rebranded the whole works, erased our history, then a bunch of other billionaires take over at Swansea, Everton, Southampton and Fulham and we're still facing mediocrity?

But that's already happened to some degree, hasn't it? The only matter is how many millions/billions the owners have.

What if they took us over, rebranded the whole works, erased our history, then a bunch of other billionaires take over at Swansea, Everton, Southampton and Fulham and we're still facing mediocrity?

But that's already happened to some degree, hasn't it? The only matter is how many millions/billions the owners have.

Exactly.

I always believe that the fans are the identity of the club, not the owners anyway.  If there owners were the identity, what would that say about us under Lerner or Ellis?

"Red Bull Villa" has a certain ring to it in my view.

million-dollar-ideas.jpg

:)

Might be a safer bet than being taken over my some maverick solo billionaire who either spends the next few years fighting off incarceration in his home country for massive fraud, or starts appointing his son's mates to key posts.

I don't know if this counts for much in either direction but apparently Howard Hodgson on twitter has said that the rumours are false.

Also according to this article on a website called Sports Direct News, Houllier denied the story in an interview with a Belgium paper when it first broke about them wanting to buy a Premier league team.

I'm surprised the club hasn't denied it yet, if not officially then through someone like Mystery Man or Hairy Hands. I don't remember that they said anything regarding the QIA rumours either though.

Edited by useless

Yes it's happened to some degree in terms of millionaires buying clubs but we haven't sold our soul for it that's the point.

I'm saying they could virtually erase the Aston Villa we know and we still might not even be successful.

No thanks.

As above, I could take the away kit and possibly a stadium name change, but any further and I'd rather support an average team doing it the right way.

A lot of 'what ifs' in there.

You can never erase the history of the club, as that is there for the record books.  In that history however, the club has change its kit many many times, before settling on claret and blue.

If Red Bull came in to buy the club, changed the name of the ground, sponsored the shirts, gave us the Red Bull 'uniform' for the away kit I'd be okay with it.  Living in the UAE, I can tell you that the Man City profile over here is massive, yet they're still Man City. They are sponsored by Etihad and play at the Etihad, but they're still Man City. Etihad even means "United", but no one gives a shit, lol.

Aston Villa FC playing at the Red Bull Villa Park, owned and sponsored by Red Bull, competing for champions league football would be progressive evolution of the club for me.

I count one 'what if' ;)

The kit has been claret and blue since 1887!

And then you agreed that a few changes would be acceptable but nothing major, in exchange for Champions League, which is arguably a fair deal.

Edited by fightoffyour

Be interesting to do some sort of poll to see where the line is with fans over takeovers. I wouldn't want to see our colours change or name changed but I think that is about it. I wouldn't mind the stadium having a different name because fans would still call it Villa Park.

I would like to see us win something or get into the CL though, at the moment I cant even see it happening in my life time. I think we are more likely to get relegated before we next win something.

That would be interesting, this thread has brought up a lot of those questions.

Wrong side of the line for me:

Name change

Colours change

Badge change (unless it's a good change from the current one)

And overnight success. Clearly there are people in here who want that, and that's fine. Do I want success? Of course. And a bit more money to spend on the team as well - who wouldn't?

But if we had a big injection of cash I'd much rather 'my' club put a significant proportion of it into the infrastructure and steadily built a team from a blend of moderate-to-biggish signings and a brilliant youth system. Targeting Champions League knockout stages in ten years rather than two, that sort of thing.

The rebranding is what people seem to baulk at when it comes to Red Bull. Ultimately, spending £500m to build a title-challenging team over two transfer windows is kind of a rebranding process too.

In short: I don't like change.

I'd rather support mid table Aston Villa as we are now, playing at Villa Park in claret and blue. Than support Champions League challenging Red Bull Villa that play at the Red Bull arena and play in white, yellow and red.

• Like 1

Â