Red Bull Premier League team

villa4europe

Either way Small Heath lose so they can shut up. We either maintain our pedigree and poo all over them or become soulless but good and poo all over them.

Aston Villa would no longer exist if Red Bull took control of the club.

Yeah but they'd still have local neighbours shitting all over them, so there won't be any joy on their part.

I do wonder what would happen if Red Bull took over and completely gutted the club. How much support would the inevitable breakaway team get? I know I'd support it just as wholeheartedly as I support Villa now, and getting to Villa involves a 6 hour round trip for me.

Yeah, a couple of times.  Factor in things like size of population/catchment area/lack of big local rivals, the fact that Red Bull already do business in MK (the F1 team are based there) and MK is desperate to be taken seriously as a major urban area which means the council might be prepared to put up with bullshit that other areas might not tolerate and it's difficult to see why they would go for any other club if truth be told.  Three to five years getting promoted to the Premier League probably causes fewer problems than having a bunch of fans who hate you for ruining a club with 120+ years of tradition. 

I do wonder what would happen if Red Bull took over and completely gutted the club. How much support would the inevitable breakaway team get? I know I'd support it just as wholeheartedly as I support Villa now, and getting to Villa involves a 6 hour round trip for me.

It could actually be a lot of fun supporting them all the way up the lower leagues.  Not that I'm wishing for it or anything, but it would certainly be something different.

I find the 'Red Bull' sports franchise very, very odd.

I mean, they're putting a rather disproportionate amount of time and effort into selling an 'energy drink'. How many athletes would go near Red Bull anyway?

Very odd.

It's marketed at those in the ground - the fans etc. 

I find the 'Red Bull' sports franchise very, very odd.

I mean, they're putting a rather disproportionate amount of time and effort into selling an 'energy drink'. How many athletes would go near Red Bull anyway?

Very odd.

Look at Lucozade.  One of the least healthy instant-diabetes-giving puddles of rubbish going, and they've actually managed to market themselves as healthy by associating themselves with sporting events and 'rehydration'.  It's genius.

Yet when the 'sugar' discussion comes up it's always Coca Cola on the chopping block.  It's almost as if Lucozade is seen as 'healthy sugar' :lol:

Is there actually any credible links to this story? One post by a Small Heathen aside?

Or is this another QIA type non story? 

It's just a 'What if...' chat as far as I'm concerned.

a) because as I wrote before there's less need to in such a heavily broadcast league as ours; B) the FA don't just let owners change team names, as Dr Assam is finding out in Hull.

That's only because he asked too soon before this season started.  He's getting his way next season AFAIK.

Â